Author Topic: Bug after update 1.2 to 1.4  (Read 4063 times)

isaac

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bug after update 1.2 to 1.4
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 06:11:41 pm »
The package is already uploaded. Run:
Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ebox-usersandgroups
to upgrade.

If it says it's already up-to-date try again in five minutes, it might take some time to get published :)

Then report the result :P

don

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 01:27:37 am »
Hi - I had a similar problem. I am a bit unclear about the upgrade process. I did the 'sudo apt-get update, sudo apt-get dist-upgrade', which I have only used to go from one Ubuntu release to another. Also, was not sure whether I should be keeping the modified configs of the package maintainers versions, and let ebox make the modifications.

Anyway - after the upgrade, I got a lot of errors. After fiddling around, I ran the upgrade again, and got a new Users and Groups module - I assume it is the one you just posted. I still had some problems, so I ran the 0005_migrate_new_ldap.pl script.

Everything now seems to be running okay. Just going to check the details ... :-)

alxkie

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2010, 09:15:18 am »
hallo isaac,

after the update all works fine!
Thank you for the great work and the great support.

Best wishes

Alex

isaac

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2010, 09:42:25 am »
Great :)

machew

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2010, 10:03:31 pm »
Hi all,

Sorry if this should be in another thread but our issue began with the same error here. Yesterday, after running 0.12 for about a year we decided to upgrade to 1.4.
At first we experienced the same error described at the beginning of the thread but we were unable to resolve the problem.

Since we have a small site I decided that a complete reinstall of eBox would not be a huge problem, and so I purged the packages and then installed 1.4.  I still had a problem with the users and groups module so I purged again and decided to try 1.2 and again I had a problem with the users and groups module. Repeated with 0.11 and again the users and groups module says " A really nasty bug has occurred." (Sorry I'm light on the details of those errors because my main mission was to do a reinstall from scratch.)

At this point I purged the packages once more and manually removed anything left behind by the package removal and then installed 1.4 again.  At this point I have working DHCP and DNS. However when I attempt to enable the Users and Groups module I receive the following after clicking on 'Accept' in the Configure Module dialog :

=============BEGIN ERROR===========================

A really nasty bug has occurred
Exception
Failed to enable: root command ldapadd -H 'ldapi://' -Y EXTERNAL -c -f /var/lib/ebox/tmp/slapd-master.ldif failed. Error output: SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started SASL username: gidNumber=0+uidNumber=0,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth SASL SSF: 0 ldap_modify: Inappropriate matching (18) additional info: modify/add: olcTLSCACertificateFile: no equality matching rule ldap_modify: Type or value exists (20) additional info: modify/add: olcAccess: value #0 already exists ldap_add: Naming violation (64) ldap_add: Other (e.g., implementation specific) error (80) additional info: olcAttributeTypes: Duplicate attributeType: "0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.2" ldap_add: Other (e.g., implementation specific) error (80) additional info: olcAttributeTypes: Duplicate attributeType: "1.3.6.1.1.1.1.2" ldap_add: Other (e.g., implementation specific) error (80) additional info: olcAttributeTypes: Duplicate attributeType: "2.16.840.1.113730.3.1.1" ldap_add: Other (e.g., implementation specific) error (80) additional info: failed startup ldap_add: No such object (32) matched DN: cn=config ldap_modify: Type or value exists (20) additional info: modify/add: olcAccess: value #0 already exists Command output: modifying entry "cn=config" modifying entry "olcDatabase={-1}frontend,cn=config" adding new entry "cn=module{0},cn=config" adding new entry "cn=cosine,cn=schema,cn=config" adding new entry "cn=nis,cn=schema,cn=config" adding new entry "cn=inetorgperson,cn=schema,cn=config" adding new entry "olcDatabase={1}hdb,cn=config" adding new entry "olcOverlay=syncprov,olcDatabase={1}hdb,cn=config" modifying entry "olcDatabase={0}config,cn=config" . Exit value: 20
Trace
Failed to enable: root command ldapadd -H 'ldapi://' -Y EXTERNAL -c -f /var/lib/ebox/tmp/slapd-master.ldif failed.
Error output: SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started
SASL username: gidNumber=0+uidNumber=0,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth
SASL SSF: 0
ldap_modify: Inappropriate matching (18)
additional info: modify/add: olcTLSCACertificateFile: no equality matching rule
ldap_modify: Type or value exists (20)
additional info: modify/add: olcAccess: value #0 already exists
ldap_add: Naming violation (64)
ldap_add: Other (e.g., implementation specific) error (80)
additional info: olcAttributeTypes: Duplicate attributeType: "0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.2"
additional info: olcAttributeTypes: Duplicate attributeType: "1.3.6.1.1.1.1.2"
additional info: olcAttributeTypes: Duplicate attributeType: "2.16.840.1.113730.3.1.1"
additional info: failed startup
ldap_add: No such object (32)
matched DN: cn=config
ldap_modify: Type or value exists (20)
additional info: modify/add: olcAccess: value #0 already exists

Command output: modifying entry "cn=config"

modifying entry "olcDatabase={-1}frontend,cn=config"

adding new entry "cn=module{0},cn=config"

adding new entry "cn=cosine,cn=schema,cn=config"

adding new entry "cn=nis,cn=schema,cn=config"

adding new entry "cn=inetorgperson,cn=schema,cn=config"

adding new entry "olcDatabase={1}hdb,cn=config"

adding new entry "olcOverlay=syncprov,olcDatabase={1}hdb,cn=config"

modifying entry "olcDatabase={0}config,cn=config"

Exit value: 20 at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/ServiceModule/ConfigureModuleController.pm line 74
EBox::CGI::ServiceModule::ConfigureModuleController::_process('EBox::CGI::ServiceModule::ConfigureModuleController=HASH(0xaa...') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Base.pm line 262
EBox::CGI::Base::run('EBox::CGI::ServiceModule::ConfigureModuleController=HASH(0xaa...') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Run.pm line 120
EBox::CGI::Run::run('EBox::CGI::Run', 'ServiceModule/ConfigureModuleController', 'EBox') called at /usr/share/ebox/cgi/ebox.cgi line 19
ModPerl::ROOT::ModPerl::Registry::usr_share_ebox_cgi_ebox_2ecgi::handler('Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0xaaf5920)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 204
eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 204
ModPerl::RegistryCooker::run('ModPerl::Registry=HASH(0xab1edb8)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 170
ModPerl::RegistryCooker::default_handler('ModPerl::Registry=HASH(0xab1edb8)') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/Registry.pm line 31
ModPerl::Registry::handler('ModPerl::Registry', 'Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0xaaf5920)') called at -e line 0
eval {...} called at -e line 0

=====================END ERROR =========================

I'm a bit befuddled since in my mind I'm making a clean install of 1.4. 
Since I now just want a clean install since the original upgrade didn't work I'm only looking at two scenarios:
  a) I've missed some config file(s) that needs removing for the install to behave properly
  b) There are no such files and the install is just weird on our system

BUT, if this module is acting strange because of a previous upgrade attempt I suspect you'd like to know.

Anywho, besides this issue I'm liking eBox a bunch and hope to get it completely operational soon.

Many thanks.

vktRus

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2010, 08:51:25 am »
Can I update the system from version 1.2 to 1.4? Or need to wait?

isaac

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2010, 08:33:43 pm »
I'm a bit befuddled since in my mind I'm making a clean install of 1.4. 
Since I now just want a clean install since the original upgrade didn't work I'm only looking at two scenarios:
  a) I've missed some config file(s) that needs removing for the install to behave properly
  b) There are no such files and the install is just weird on our system

BUT, if this module is acting strange because of a previous upgrade attempt I suspect you'd like to know.

Anywho, besides this issue I'm liking eBox a bunch and hope to get it completely operational soon.

Many thanks.

Hi! :)

Probably it's because you are not purging the slapd package and it's keeping old stuff there that confuses eBox :)

Try running this script:
Code: [Select]
#!/bin/sh

sudo /etc/init.d/ebox users stop

sudo apt-get -y --force-yes remove --purge slapd ebox-network ebox-objects ebox-services ebox-usersandgroups ebox-firewall && sudo rm -rf /var/lib/ldap* && sudo rm -rf /etc/ldap/*
sudo apt-get -y --force-yes remove --purge libebox ebox
sudo pkill apache

And then install again and see if it works :)

machew

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2010, 09:55:09 pm »
Worked like a charm! Many, many thanks. Glad to be back up.