Author Topic: [SOLVED] Shared Contacts?  (Read 2267 times)

nontrivial

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] Shared Contacts?
« on: September 01, 2016, 11:46:39 pm »
When I log into the webmail (Zentyal 4.2) I can't figure out how to add a contact to the "Shared Contacts" address book. Is there not a way to do that using the web interface, or do I need to use Outlook?

« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 05:29:32 pm by nontrivial »

nontrivial

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shared Contacts?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 03:39:43 pm »
Is there a trick to subscribing to an addressbook? I have added myself to the other user's addressbook every different way I can think of, but when I try to add it to my account it always says "No possible subscription".

nontrivial

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shared Contacts?
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 05:28:03 pm »
Wow, the amount of effort put into creating and maintaining a vibrant community around Zentyal never fails to blow me away. So I had some time to look into this and it turns out that yes, there is definitely a trick to getting shared calendars and contacts to work in Zentyal. You have to set a couple options in /etc/sogo/sogo.conf, which means you have to do it the right way (set up a stub in /etc/zentyal/hooks, or the less right way (edit /usr/share/zentyal/stubs/openchange/sogo.conf.mas). Either way you need to add the following options:

SOGoCalendarDefaultRoles = ("PublicViewer", "ConfidentialDAndTViewer", "PrivateDAndTViewer");
    SOGoContactsDefaultRoles = ("ObjectViewer");

Now I can share calendars and address books as SOGO intended. I wonder if this is one of those "enhancements" that the commercial version of Zentyal has but not the open source version. If so I expect this post to disappear soon! ;-)