Author Topic: Virtual Email Domains and Outlook  (Read 1631 times)

exodustech

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Virtual Email Domains and Outlook
« on: July 05, 2016, 06:47:20 pm »
Greetings,
I am having issues with virtual email domains. My main domain works great with outlook and connecting as an exchange server. When I try to setup the virtual domains through outlook I get an error message that the exchange server is unavailable.
I have ensured that the cert is installed on the outlook machine.

Thank you, and I look forward to the help.
Doug.

hugotor

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Email Domains and Outlook
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 11:48:57 am »
Hello,

That i think is to be a good DNS, and if server and PDC "ping" whith heir names !
Nothing else ?
Bye

trysomething

• Zen Warrior
  • Founder of The Tiki Lab
    • View Profile
    • The Tiki Lab | Bridging the gap between technology and vision impairment!
Re: Virtual Email Domains and Outlook
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 07:17:00 pm »
Let's say you have 3 domains
myfirstdomain.com
myseconddomain.com
mythirddomain.com

Now if myfirstdomain.com is your primary domain and it's set in your Virtual Mail Domains by default it's also set in your Zentyal DNS.  If that's the case it's likely the additional ones (myseconddomain.com and mythirddomain.com) are not going to be put in there.
After you put the additional Virtual Mail Domains into your DNS then you can enable Autodiscover for each of them.  That is pretty much all it will take to get them showing up.
The fun part about it all is that the documentation is REALLY shady about it so so I don't know if you should put these entries in as an alias of the primary domain OR if you should put them in as additional entries.  I actually just thought about that and I am going to try making something an alias instead of a separate DNS entry...
Good luck and I hope this helps!

Oh, yeah did you install Sogo ActiveSync yet?  You'll need to do that for most mobile devices to be able to use your server too.
You will have to excuse my posts not having actual links in them.  I'm blind and can never find that insert hyperlink button LoL.  If you, or someone you know has vision problems check out The Tiki Lab.