Author Topic: eBox Platform 1.4 is ready to download  (Read 4672 times)

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
eBox Platform 1.4 is ready to download
« on: February 04, 2010, 11:14:34 am »
Hi fellow eBox users!

Your favorite development team proudly presents the availability of eBox platform 1.4. This release represents another big leap towards our goal of providing the best and most complete and easy-to-use Linux server for SMEs.

You can read all the details in the official announcement:

http://trac.ebox-platform.com/wiki/Document/Announcement/1.4
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: eBox Platform 1.4 is ready to download
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 11:30:54 am »
Heck yeah! Upgrading from 1.3.19 on two machines now :D.

I had some notes on the official announcement:
http://forum.ebox-platform.com/index.php?topic=2789.msg12184#msg12184
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 11:33:27 am by Saturn2888 »

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 12:29:27 pm »
So far in my upgrade, no issues. My main server that hosts the gateway was complaining about something in LDAP.pm, but otherwise everything worked smoothly on both servers:
Code: [Select]
We assume /etc/openvpn/ebox-dh1024.pem is a Diffie-Hellman parameter file with 1024 byte length. If the assumption is false, please remove it and create a new one manually. If you do NOT do so, your OpenVPN tunnels may be compromised
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/MailVDomainsLdap.pm line 203.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Ldap.pm line 273.
 * Restarting eBox module: logs                                                                                [fail]
Unknown error at EBox::MailVDomainsLdap::vdomains invalid DN
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/MailVDomainsLdap.pm line 203.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Ldap.pm line 273.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/perl5/HTML/Mason/Component/Subcomponent.pm line 34.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/perl5/HTML/Mason/Component/Subcomponent.pm line 34.
 * Restarting eBox module: openvpn                                       [ OK ]
 * Restarting eBox module: firewall                                                                            [ OK ]

Setting up ebox-remoteservices (1.4-0ubuntu1~ppa1~hardy1) ...
 * Restarting eBox module: apache                                        [ OK ]

Setting up ebox-mail (1.4-0ubuntu1~ppa1~hardy1) ...
Unknown error at EBox::MailVDomainsLdap::vdomains invalid DNUse of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/MailVDomainsLdap.pm line 203.
 * Restarting eBox module: logs                                                                                [fail]
 * Restarting eBox module: mail                                                                                [ OK ]

Setting up ebox-dhcp (1.4-0ubuntu1~ppa1~hardy1) ...
 * Restarting eBox module: dhcp                                          [ OK ]

In fact, things worked so smoothly, one of my servers which, after upgrading to one of the later eBox 1.3 versions, had a load consistently around 3 to 5 is now back to normla 0.00, to 0.25 load instead.

EscArtist

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 01:52:15 pm »
Hi fellow eBox users!

Your favorite development team proudly presents the availability of eBox platform 1.4. This release represents another big leap towards our goal of providing the best and most complete and easy-to-use Linux server for SMEs.

You can read all the details in the official announcement:

http://trac.ebox-platform.com/wiki/Document/Announcement/1.4

Congradulations! It is a very solid product with a brigth future. Keep up the good work.

ctek

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 04:19:22 pm »
I was amazed from version 1.0.1 but with every version you are rasing the standard.
Thank you for all the hard work that everyone apreciates and we all are gratefull for the ebox sme server.

Best regards
Bogdan

Sam Graf

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 05:17:45 pm »
Thank you for all the hard work that everyone apreciates and we all are gratefull for the ebox sme server.
Completely agreed. eBox is a wonderful, reliable product that even I can use :) . Many thanks to the eBox team!

daniellench

• Zen Monk
  • sudo /etc/init.d/coffee brew
    • View Profile
    • daniellench.com
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 08:35:42 pm »
Thanks everybody!
;D
;D ;D
;D :D ;D
;D :D :D ;D
;D :D ;D
;D ;D
;D

ram

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 03:42:21 am »
Congrats on the latest release! I will be upgrading from 1.2 in the next few weeks and will post out any issues.

Thanks to everyone on the team and forum members for where we are right now having an amazing system for the future!
-----------------
Best Regards,
Ram ;)

caraboy

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 01:33:29 pm »
Excelent, this starts to be a great open-source alternative to the costly MS SBS 2008.  ;D

Last week I configured my first 1.4 production use server and until now it works very nice!

Keek up the good work!

pungki

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 03:47:15 am »
I found that eBox 1.4 has antivirus solution. But I didn't find further information about antivirus solution. What antivirus is used? Is it ClamAV?

Thank you.

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 06:51:44 am »
Yes it is.