Author Topic: OpenChange Development has stopped - What is the Future  (Read 2920 times)

ceo@wlit.com.au

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
OpenChange Development has stopped - What is the Future
« on: June 15, 2016, 11:23:13 pm »
Hi Everyone

Have noticed that open change development has stopped as hasn't been updated in over a year now.

So what does everyone thing is the future of OpenChange and also Zentyal as a Exchange email on linux server?

trysomething

• Zen Warrior
  • Founder of The Tiki Lab
    • View Profile
    • The Tiki Lab | Bridging the gap between technology and vision impairment!
Re: OpenChange Development has stopped - What is the Future
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 12:08:25 am »
Zentyal is open source, so is Openchange.  On the same note Sogo, Samba, Postfix, Dovecot and Ubuntu are all open source projects.
When Microsoft and Apple stop publishing things for years at a time on their website it's one thing, but when Openchange doesn't put anything on a website it usually means that someone or everyone is hard at work.
In fact there's talk around the water cooler that Zentyal took over Openchange development, which was being spearheaded by Sogo.  Then there's the fact that Sogo's latest version seems to just have Openchange fully incorporated into it.  I haven't had anyone from either project call me and tell me personally that this is all factual, but I do know for sure that Zentyal is hard at work getting ready to launch v5.xx for all of us beta testers.  If that's the case then we're all going to get to play with a super cool release and from the hints I've been getting it's going to be pretty bad a**!
You will have to excuse my posts not having actual links in them.  I'm blind and can never find that insert hyperlink button LoL.  If you, or someone you know has vision problems check out The Tiki Lab.

ceo@wlit.com.au

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: OpenChange Development has stopped - What is the Future
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 09:36:42 am »
Thanks for the reply.

Glad to hear that it sounds like something positive is currently underway.