Author Topic: [solved] Zentyal users disappear and Samba users unkown - zentyal 3.3.10  (Read 2929 times)

wittich

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
With one of the last updates (at least I think that's error source as I didn't change any configuration) the zentyal users disappear:

When I restart zentyal manually, I failes on restarting samba, I have to start it manually:

Code: [Select]
/etc/init.d/zentyal restart
/etc/init.d/samba4 start

As far as I can see the samba users exists. The command pdbedit -L shows me the correct list and also in the Active Directory Users and Computers lists the users correctly. But Ubuntu doesn't know anymore the users. The command: cut -d: -f1 /etc/passwd shows just the standard users as well as the "user1" from zentyal.

When the samba restarts it shows the following information in the zentyal.log:

2016/06/09 08:59:16 INFO> Service.pm:1004 EBox::Module::Service::restartService - Restarting service for module: samba
2016/06/09 08:59:16 ERROR> Sudo.pm:232 EBox::Sudo::_rootError - root command set -e
mkdir -p /home/samba/
chown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/
chmod 770 /home/samba/
setfacl -b /home/samba/
setfacl -m u:nobody:rx /home/samba/
setfacl -m u:ebox:rwx /home/samba/
mkdir -p /home/samba/profiles
chown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/profiles
chmod 770 /home/samba/profiles
setfacl -b /home/samba/profiles
mkdir -p /home/samba/shares
chown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/shares
chmod 770 /home/samba/shares
setfacl -b /home/samba/shares
setfacl -m u:nobody:rx /home/samba/shares
setfacl -m u:ebox:rwx /home/samba/shares
mkdir -p '/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine'
chown -R ebox.adm '/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine'
chmod 770 '/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine' failed.
Error output: chown: invalid group: `root:__USERS__'

Any idea what went wrong?

The full log of the restart process, I added as attachment.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 03:18:59 pm by wittich »

trysomething

• Zen Warrior
  • Founder of The Tiki Lab
    • View Profile
    • The Tiki Lab | Bridging the gap between technology and vision impairment!
Re: Zentyal users disappear and Samba users unkown - zentyal 3.3.10
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 09:39:31 pm »
I'm going to guess you don't login and use the web GUI much - probably a not so good plan to keep terminal tinkering.
Which version did you upgrade from and which one did you upgrade to?
If you went from 3.xx to 4.xx and you didn't read the notes on what to do and what not to do then you're going to most likely have to reinstall a fresh copy of Zentyal.  Before you go poking anything else with a stick though I'd suggest opening up Firefox and going to the admin panel - https://yourserverip:8443/
You can login with ANY user that is a member of the sudo group.  Go into the File Sharing and see if anything looks off in there, go check out the Software Management and see if there are any updates that didn't take.
It could just be a kernel needs to be forced to install, but it could be that you didn't do a backup of your users and their data and you didn't follow the 3.xx-4.xx instructions so your Openchange and Samba are provisioned incorrectly now.

A really simple test you can run to determine if Samba and Openchange are running is run these from the terminal:
service Zentyal samba restart
service Zentyal openchange restart

If they say Failed then it's broken, if they say OK then they're not broken.
From now on and for the rest of your life ALWAYS check to see if there are instructions on version upgrades and ALWAYS make changes to Zentyal from the web GUI and not the command line.
You will have to excuse my posts not having actual links in them.  I'm blind and can never find that insert hyperlink button LoL.  If you, or someone you know has vision problems check out The Tiki Lab.

wittich

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 11:41:52 pm »
Sorry but I didn't upgrade anything! Just install the regular updates of the packages.

Either you didn't read my post correctly or you didn't  understand it.

Did you see the attached log file? All modules restart proper just the samba module I have to restart manually.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 11:49:12 pm by wittich »

trysomething

• Zen Warrior
  • Founder of The Tiki Lab
    • View Profile
    • The Tiki Lab | Bridging the gap between technology and vision impairment!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 11:48:52 pm »
First things first, go check if this works:
service Zentyal samba restart

Trying to restart Zentyal without restarting the entire machine seems to NEVER work out right.  If that fixes your issue and everything goes smooth from there then it's good to go.  I'm kind of guessing that you installed Zentyal on top of a ZUbuntu server though, if that's the case and you didn't turn off some of the default Ubuntu repositories then you're kind of stuck with a broken Samba - sorry if that's the case but unless you figure out how to downgrade to the version you had before you're not going to be able to fix it.
There is an off chance that something just didn't upgrade and it's stuck, from the terminal run:
apt-get update
apt-get -f install
You might see something about some package didn't install because of broken dependencies or something, that's cool just make note of the package name and then run:
apt-get -f install <package name here>
90% of the time that's fixed it for me when something like this happens.  Of course there's another 10% of the time it's just a gaping flaw in a beta version of something which sucks a lot.
Hopefully this sin't a production machine, but if it is and the above doesn't fix it drop a line and I'll see what else I can find for you to try.
You will have to excuse my posts not having actual links in them.  I'm blind and can never find that insert hyperlink button LoL.  If you, or someone you know has vision problems check out The Tiki Lab.

wittich

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 12:18:42 pm »
Hi trysomething,

thx for your replay. You were right I can't start the the samba server as zentyal module.

service zentyal samba restart
 * Restarting Zentyal module: samba                                      [fail]

As far as I can see there was no problem with updating any packages. The following samba packages are installed:
dpkg -l | grep -i samba
ii  libsamba-perl                        0.11                                    Perl bindings for samba 4.0
ii  samba4                               4.1.5-zentyal1                          SMB/CIFS file, NT domain and active directory server (version 4)
ii  slapd-smbk5pwd                       2.4.28+51~precise1                      Keeps Samba and Kerberos passwords in sync within slapd.
ii  zentyal-samba                        3.3.5                                   Zentyal - File Sharing and Domain Services

By any chance that the problem is resulted by wrong or missing users and right?

As far as I understand the zentyal.log which is created when I try to restart the zentyal samba module there are some invalid groups and users:
2016/06/22 11:41:17 INFO> Service.pm:1004 EBox::Module::Service::restartService - Restarting service for module: samba
2016/06/22 11:41:17 ERROR> Sudo.pm:232 EBox::Sudo::_rootError - root command set -e
mkdir -p /home/samba/
chmod 770 /home/samba/
setfacl -b /home/samba/

Command output: .
Exit value: 1 at Trace begun at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Exceptions/Base.pm line 79
EBox::Exceptions::Base::stacktrace('EBox::Exceptions::Sudo::Command=HASH(0x57ac430)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Exceptions/Base.pm line 119
EBox::Exceptions::Base::log('EBox::Exceptions::Sudo::Command=HASH(0x57ac430)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Exceptions/Internal.pm line 35
EBox::Exceptions::Internal::new('EBox::Exceptions::Sudo::Command', 'root command set -e^Jmkdir -p /home/samba/^Jchown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/^Jchmod 770 /home/samba/^Jsetfacl -b /home/samba/^Jsetfacl -m u:nobody:rx /home/samba/^Jsetfacl -m u:ebox:rwx /home/samba/^Jmkdir -p /home/samba/profiles^Jchown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/profiles^Jchmod 770 /home/samba/profiles^Jsetfacl -b /home/samba/profiles^Jmkdir -p /home/samba/shares^Jchown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/shares^Jchmod 770 /home/samba/shares^Jsetfacl -b /home/samba/shares^Jsetfacl -m u:nobody:rx /home/samba/shares^Jsetfacl -m u:ebox:rwx /home/samba/shares^Jmkdir -p \'/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine\'^Jchown -R ebox.adm \'/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine\'^Jchmod 770 \'/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine\' failed. ^JError output: chown: invalid group: `root:__USERS__\'^J^JCommand output: . ^JExit value: 1') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Exceptions/Command.pm line 85
EBox::Exceptions::Command::new(undef, 'cmd', 'set -e^Jmkdir -p /home/samba/^Jchown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/^Jchmod 770 /home/samba/^Jsetfacl -b /home/samba/^Jsetfacl -m u:nobody:rx /home/samba/^Jsetfacl -m u:ebox:rwx /home/samba/^Jmkdir -p /home/samba/profiles^Jchown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/profiles^Jchmod 770 /home/samba/profiles^Jsetfacl -b /home/samba/profiles^Jmkdir -p /home/samba/shares^Jchown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/shares^Jchmod 770 /home/samba/shares^Jsetfacl -b /home/samba/shares^Jsetfacl -m u:nobody:rx /home/samba/shares^Jsetfacl -m u:ebox:rwx /home/samba/shares^Jmkdir -p \'/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine\'^Jchown -R ebox.adm \'/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine\'^Jchmod 770 \'/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine\'', 'output', 'ARRAY(0x577a778)', 'error', 'ARRAY(0x1d0e848)', 'exitValue', 1, 'cmdType', 'root command') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Exceptions/Sudo/Command.pm line 30
EBox::Exceptions::Sudo::Command::new('EBox::Exceptions::Sudo::Command', 'cmd', 'set -e^Jmkdir -p /home/samba/^Jchown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/^Jchmod 770 /home/samba/^Jsetfacl -b /home/samba/^Jsetfacl -m u:nobody:rx /home/samba/^Jsetfacl -m u:ebox:rwx /home/samba/^Jmkdir -p /home/samba/profiles^Jchown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/profiles^Jchmod 770 /home/samba/profiles^Jsetfacl -b /home/samba/profiles^Jmkdir -p /home/samba/shares^Jchown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/shares^Jchmod 770 /home/samba/shares^Jsetfacl -b /home/samba/shares^Jsetfacl -m u:nobody:rx /home/samba/shares^Jsetfacl -m u:ebox:rwx /home/samba/shares^Jmkdir -p \'/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine\'^Jchown -R ebox.adm \'/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine\'^Jchmod 770 \'/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine\'', 'output', 'ARRAY(0x577a778)', 'error', 'ARRAY(0x1d0e848)', 'exitValue', 1) called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Exceptions/Base.pm line 91
EBox::Exceptions::Base::throw('EBox::Exceptions::Sudo::Command', 'cmd', 'set -e^Jmkdir -p /home/samba/^Jchown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/^Jchmod 770 /home/samba/^Jsetfacl -b /home/samba/^Jsetfacl -m u:nobody:rx /home/samba/^Jsetfacl -m u:ebox:rwx /home/samba/^Jmkdir -p /home/samba/profiles^Jchown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/profiles^Jchmod 770 /home/samba/profiles^Jsetfacl -b /home/samba/profiles^Jmkdir -p /home/samba/shares^Jchown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/shares^Jchmod 770 /home/samba/shares^Jsetfacl -b /home/samba/shares^Jsetfacl -m u:nobody:rx /home/samba/shares^Jsetfacl -m u:ebox:rwx /home/samba/shares^Jmkdir -p \'/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine\'^Jchown -R ebox.adm \'/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine\'^Jchmod 770 \'/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine\'', 'output', 'ARRAY(0x577a778)', 'error', 'ARRAY(0x1d0e848)', 'exitValue', 1) called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Sudo.pm line 232
EBox::Sudo::_rootError('/usr/bin/sudo -p sudo: /var/lib/zentyal/tmp/QbFVAm0qgi.cmd 2> /var/lib/zentyal/tmp/stderr', 'set -e^Jmkdir -p /home/samba/^Jchown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/^Jchmod 770 /home/samba/^Jsetfacl -b /home/samba/^Jsetfacl -m u:nobody:rx /home/samba/^Jsetfacl -m u:ebox:rwx /home/samba/^Jmkdir -p /home/samba/profiles^Jchown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/profiles^Jchmod 770 /home/samba/profiles^Jsetfacl -b /home/samba/profiles^Jmkdir -p /home/samba/shares^Jchown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/shares^Jchmod 770 /home/samba/shares^Jsetfacl -b /home/samba/shares^Jsetfacl -m u:nobody:rx /home/samba/shares^Jsetfacl -m u:ebox:rwx /home/samba/shares^Jmkdir -p \'/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine\'^Jchown -R ebox.adm \'/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine\'^Jchmod 770 \'/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine\'', 256, 'ARRAY(0x577a778)', 'ARRAY(0x1d0e848)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Sudo.pm line 202
EBox::Sudo::_root(1, 'mkdir -p /home/samba/', 'chown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/', 'chmod 770 /home/samba/', 'setfacl -b /home/samba/', 'setfacl -m u:nobody:rx /home/samba/', 'setfacl -m u:ebox:rwx /home/samba/', 'mkdir -p /home/samba/profiles', 'chown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/profiles', 'chmod 770 /home/samba/profiles', 'setfacl -b /home/samba/profiles', 'mkdir -p /home/samba/shares', 'chown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/shares', 'chmod 770 /home/samba/shares', 'setfacl -b /home/samba/shares', 'setfacl -m u:nobody:rx /home/samba/shares', 'setfacl -m u:ebox:rwx /home/samba/shares', 'mkdir -p \'/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine\'', 'chown -R ebox.adm \'/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine\'', 'chmod 770 \'/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine\'') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Sudo.pm line 153
EBox::Sudo::root('mkdir -p /home/samba/', 'chown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/', 'chmod 770 /home/samba/', 'setfacl -b /home/samba/', 'setfacl -m u:nobody:rx /home/samba/', 'setfacl -m u:ebox:rwx /home/samba/', 'mkdir -p /home/samba/profiles', 'chown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/profiles', 'chmod 770 /home/samba/profiles', 'setfacl -b /home/samba/profiles', 'mkdir -p /home/samba/shares', 'chown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/shares', 'chmod 770 /home/samba/shares', 'setfacl -b /home/samba/shares', 'setfacl -m u:nobody:rx /home/samba/shares', 'setfacl -m u:ebox:rwx /home/samba/shares', 'mkdir -p \'/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine\'', 'chown -R ebox.adm \'/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine\'', 'chmod 770 \'/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine\'') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Samba.pm line 1040
EBox::Samba::_createDirectories('EBox::Samba=HASH(0x4a35e98)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Samba.pm line 1076
EBox::Samba::_setConf('EBox::Samba=HASH(0x4a35e98)', 'restart', 1, 'restartModules', 1) called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Module/Base.pm line 988
EBox::Module::Base::_regenConfig('EBox::Samba=HASH(0x4a35e98)', 'restart', 1, 'restartModules', 1) called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Module/Service.pm line 979
EBox::Module::Service::_regenConfig('EBox::Samba=HASH(0x4a35e98)', 'restart', 1, 'restartModules', 1) called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Module/Service.pm line 1006
eval {...} at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Module/Service.pm line 1005
EBox::Module::Service::restartService('EBox::Samba=HASH(0x4a35e98)', 'restartModules', 1) called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Util/Init.pm line 127
eval {...} at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Util/Init.pm line 125
EBox::Util::Init::moduleAction('samba', 'restartService', 'restart') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Util/Init.pm line 199
EBox::Util::Init::moduleRestart('samba') called at /etc/init.d/zentyal line 53
main::main at /etc/init.d/zentyal line 69
2016/06/22 11:41:17 ERROR> Service.pm:1008 EBox::Module::Service::restartService - Error restarting service: root command set -e
mkdir -p /home/samba/
chmod 770 /home/samba/
setfacl -b /home/samba/

Exit value: 1
2016/06/22 11:41:17 ERROR> Service.pm:1010 EBox::Module::Service::restartService - root command set -e
mkdir -p /home/samba/
chmod 770 /home/samba/
setfacl -b /home/samba/

Exit value: 1 at Trace begun at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Exceptions/Base.pm line 79
EBox::Exceptions::Base::stacktrace('EBox::Exceptions::Internal=HASH(0x555b6c8)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Exceptions/Base.pm line 119
EBox::Exceptions::Base::log('EBox::Exceptions::Internal=HASH(0x555b6c8)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Exceptions/Internal.pm line 35
EBox::Exceptions::Internal::new('EBox::Exceptions::Internal', 'root command set -e^Jmkdir -p /home/samba/^Jchown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/^Jchmod 770 /home/samba/^Jsetfacl -b /home/samba/^Jsetfacl -m u:nobody:rx /home/samba/^Jsetfacl -m u:ebox:rwx /home/samba/^Jmkdir -p /home/samba/profiles^Jchown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/profiles^Jchmod 770 /home/samba/profiles^Jsetfacl -b /home/samba/profiles^Jmkdir -p /home/samba/shares^Jchown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/shares^Jchmod 770 /home/samba/shares^Jsetfacl -b /home/samba/shares^Jsetfacl -m u:nobody:rx /home/samba/shares^Jsetfacl -m u:ebox:rwx /home/samba/shares^Jmkdir -p \'/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine\'^Jchown -R ebox.adm \'/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine\'^Jchmod 770 \'/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine\' failed. ^JError output: chown: invalid group: `root:__USERS__\'^J^JCommand output: . ^JExit value: 1') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Exceptions/Base.pm line 91
EBox::Exceptions::Base::throw('EBox::Exceptions::Internal', 'root command set -e^Jmkdir -p /home/samba/^Jchown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/^Jchmod 770 /home/samba/^Jsetfacl -b /home/samba/^Jsetfacl -m u:nobody:rx /home/samba/^Jsetfacl -m u:ebox:rwx /home/samba/^Jmkdir -p /home/samba/profiles^Jchown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/profiles^Jchmod 770 /home/samba/profiles^Jsetfacl -b /home/samba/profiles^Jmkdir -p /home/samba/shares^Jchown root:__USERS__ /home/samba/shares^Jchmod 770 /home/samba/shares^Jsetfacl -b /home/samba/shares^Jsetfacl -m u:nobody:rx /home/samba/shares^Jsetfacl -m u:ebox:rwx /home/samba/shares^Jmkdir -p \'/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine\'^Jchown -R ebox.adm \'/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine\'^Jchmod 770 \'/var/lib/zentyal/quarantine\' failed. ^JError output: chown: invalid group: `root:__USERS__\'^J^JCommand output: . ^JExit value: 1') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Module/Service.pm line 1010
EBox::Module::Service::restartService('EBox::Samba=HASH(0x4a35e98)', 'restartModules', 1) called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Util/Init.pm line 127
eval {...} at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Util/Init.pm line 125
EBox::Util::Init::moduleAction('samba', 'restartService', 'restart') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Util/Init.pm line 199
EBox::Util::Init::moduleRestart('samba') called at /etc/init.d/zentyal line 53
main::main at /etc/init.d/zentyal line 69

Eg. the user group __USERS__ doesn't exists?!

getent group __USERS__
# the command returns nothing, which means the group doesn't exists.

wittich

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 02:50:15 pm »
I think I found the solution... lets see...

I added the group __USERS__:

groupadd __USERS__
Now it seams to restart the samba server correctly.

2016/06/28 14:43:10 INFO> Samba.pm:259 EBox::Samba::_postServiceHook - Setting roaming profiles...
2016/06/28 14:43:11 INFO> Samba.pm:319 EBox::Samba::_postServiceHook - Applying new permissions to the share 'Folder'...
2016/06/28 14:43:12 INFO> Samba.pm:403 EBox::Samba::_postServiceHook - Applying ACLs for top-level share Folder

Well it still takes a while to apply the ACLs... I'll update if there is any problems.

UPDATE:
Okay after that zentyal coudn't restart the network module... there were some lock file blocking something. I had to restart the machine twice until everything was work again.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 03:18:35 pm by wittich »