Author Topic: Mail server customisation & access to it  (Read 2661 times)

vabue

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Mail server customisation & access to it
« on: February 14, 2008, 12:50:58 am »
Good day everyone!
First of all, as a new user of ebox platform I want to say Thank You to the developers for this amazing product.

Some questions:
I have to add some lines to the postfix main.cf file. Something like "mynetworks = 127.0.0.8/32, 192.168.1.200/32" and some spam blacklist. But after every reboot or ebox reconfiguration this all my changes disappear, and I have to write them manually again. Any suggestions?

Also I have to deny access to ebox mail server for some hosts in my internal network. If I make new service "smtpin, tcp protocol, destination port 25" and add it to the packet filter section "Filtering rules from internal networks to eBox" with decision "DENY" - nothing happens. So I have to connect with ssh and write something like "iptables -I INPUT 1 --dport 25 -s 192.168.1.14/32 -j DROP". Its not good too, because after every firewall reconfiguration or reboot I have to write those rules again :(

jcanfield

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: Mail server customisation & access to it
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 03:42:34 am »

Some questions:
I have to add some lines to the postfix main.cf file. Something like "mynetworks = 127.0.0.8/32, 192.168.1.200/32" and some spam blacklist. But after every reboot or ebox reconfiguration this all my changes disappear, and I have to write them manually again. Any suggestions?

I can answer this one.  It's the first question most new ebox users ask. In order to keep the changes, you must edit the .mas file. In your case it would be:
Code: [Select]
/usr/share/ebox/stubs/mail/main.cf.mas

As for the firewall issue, perhaps someelse can shed some light on the issue.  Your initial config looks correct.  Just make sure you save all your changes.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius...and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."  --  Albert Einstein

vabue

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 04:35:43 am »
Thank you, it helped.

Another question. Where does spamassassin in Ebox store whitelists/blacklists?

Javier Amor Garcia

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 09:01:46 am »
hi,
  the spam access lists are used by amavis. Their contents are stored in eBox configuration and written to the amavis configuration file before launching the service.