Author Topic: autodiscover using third party DNS  (Read 2411 times)

thegeekmeister

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
autodiscover using third party DNS
« on: March 28, 2016, 11:30:08 am »
Is it possible to setup the appropriate DNS records using a third party DNS such as godaddy?

If so, what records do I need in place?

If not, what is the manual way to setup Exchange in Outlook?

One other question, we are using a range of Outlook 2007 through 2016.  Is it compatible with all?

« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 11:51:26 am by thegeekmeister »

thegeekmeister

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: autodiscover using third party DNS
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 09:30:27 am »
I have resolved this issue by installing activesync, and setting up using activesync.

sudo apt-get install sogo-activesync

Then you will see an option to enable activesync in the openchange module.

trysomething

• Zen Warrior
  • Founder of The Tiki Lab
    • View Profile
    • The Tiki Lab | Bridging the gap between technology and vision impairment!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 12:44:11 am »
Just in case anyone comes across this thread looking for another answer here's some info...
1.  If you're using 3rd party SSL you have to have a cert that covers autodiscover.yourdomain.com, hostname.yourdomain.com and yourdomain.com
     example - autodiscover.zentyal.com, mail.zentyal.com and Zentyal.com
2.  If you use the self signed SSL you HAVE to install your Root CA on anything to use Autodiscover, download it from the admin panel under Mail>Openchange - there's a button to download it there.  Install that cert under the Trusted Root Authorities (or something really like that), don't do the auto install it junk that doesn't work)..
3.  When using 3rd party DNS you have to create the entry for autodiscover.yourdomain.com and point it to the exact same IP as hostname.yourdomain.com - yes that is kind of dumb but it's really crazy smart in getting everything to line up properly and allowing Outlook to Autodiscover things...
You will have to excuse my posts not having actual links in them.  I'm blind and can never find that insert hyperlink button LoL.  If you, or someone you know has vision problems check out The Tiki Lab.

thegeekmeister

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 10:55:07 am »
I'm making sure autodiscover is working.  I can't seem to import the SSL though.  Is there a thread detailing how it's done on Zentyal 4.2?

trysomething

• Zen Warrior
  • Founder of The Tiki Lab
    • View Profile
    • The Tiki Lab | Bridging the gap between technology and vision impairment!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 02:01:39 am »
There are a ton of threads about using 3rd party SSL, but here's the easy way to do it...
Make the directory /etc/Zentyal/stubs/openchange like so:
sudo su
***enter sudo password to become root user***
mkdir -p /etc/Zentyal/stubs
mkdir -p /etc/Zentyal/stubs/openchange

Now copy the OpenChange stub file into your new directory:

cp /usr/share/Zentyal/stubs/openchange/apache-ocsmanager.conf.mas /etc/Zentyal/stubs/openchange/apache-ocsmanager.conf.mas

Edit the stub to point to your SSL certificates.  You'll look for the line like below:

SSLCertificateFile <% SSLCertificate %> (I'm not 100% on the part between less than and greater than but you get the point)

Edit that line and add one for your key file and for your ca-bundle or your cat file (whichever you ended up with) so it looks like:
SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/certs/your_certificate.crt (maybe .pem, again just depends)
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/ssl/private/your_keyfile.key
SSLCACertificateFile /etc/apache2/certs/your_CA_file.ca-bundle

Once that's done save it, close it and restart OpenChange like so:
service Zentyal-openchange restart

Now as long as your SSL covers hostname.yourdomain.com and autodiscover.yourdomain.com you're good to go.
You will have to excuse my posts not having actual links in them.  I'm blind and can never find that insert hyperlink button LoL.  If you, or someone you know has vision problems check out The Tiki Lab.