Author Topic: User Samba Share Access Problem  (Read 2529 times)

Dersch

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
User Samba Share Access Problem
« on: March 19, 2016, 10:33:20 pm »
Hi,

i have two Zentyal 4.2.2 Machines (Kernel 3.13.0-83) One as PDC another one as ADC. On both machines i have some shares.

I created a couple of users and noticed now that they can't access to all shares. All ACL's look correct in general.
Samba version 4.3.4-Zentyal

On the PDC no user except the Administrator is able to access to shares.
On the ADC all shares are working as they should do. I couldn't notice any problem there.

I'm really confused why. What can deny the access for the users on the PDC if the ACL settings are correct?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 10:38:34 pm by Dersch »

Dersch

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: User Samba Share Access Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 09:03:27 am »
Any idea?

Dersch

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 11:59:27 pm »
Is nobody able to help?

Dersch

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 11:02:50 am »
I still can't access to the shares on my PDC except with the Administrator account. No user is able to connect. Please help me in this issue.

Mittelerde

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 12:02:51 pm »
Hi out there

take a look to the chown command

looks like

chown -R user:group /path/

Dersch

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 01:03:13 pm »
Hi there,

which is the right main user and group? at the moment it is administrator:adm on the acl with getfacl there are the settings as i did within the directory menu.

is there some need for a specific main user/group that the acl settings are valid?

Mittelerde

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 03:14:49 pm »
Hi
have you build a group in Zentyal and put the users in ?

depend on the group_name you want give access to the dir try a

sudo chown -R :group_name directory/

« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 03:19:27 pm by Mittelerde »

Dersch

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 09:50:54 pm »
Hmm i think it is another issue. If i change something within the directory access rights at the webinterface of zentyal then i get an error "samba module state unkown"

here are the log entries at this case:

Code: [Select]
2016/03/31 21:45:31 INFO> Base.pm:231 EBox::Module::Base::save - Restarting service for module: logs
2016/03/31 21:45:31 ERROR> GlobalImpl.pm:735 EBox::GlobalImpl::saveAllModules - The following modules failed while saving their changes, their state is unknown: samba  at The following modules failed while saving their changes, their state is unknown: samba  at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/GlobalImpl.pm line 735
EBox::GlobalImpl::saveAllModules('EBox::GlobalImpl=HASH(0x3c6cb48)', 'progress', 'EBox::ProgressIndicator=HASH(0x16322c8)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Global.pm line 95
EBox::Global::AUTOLOAD('EBox::Global=HASH(0x3c94a08)', 'progress', 'EBox::ProgressIndicator=HASH(0x16322c8)') called at /usr/share/zentyal/global-action line 32
eval {...} at /usr/share/zentyal/global-action line 30

julio

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 11:30:04 pm »
Hmm i think it is another issue. If i change something within the directory access rights at the webinterface of zentyal then i get an error "samba module state unkown"

2016/03/31 21:45:31 INFO> Base.pm:231 EBox::Module::Base::save - Restarting service for module: logs
2016/03/31 21:45:31 ERROR> GlobalImpl.pm:735 EBox::GlobalImpl::saveAllModules - The following modules failed while saving their changes, their state is unknown: samba  at The following modules failed while saving their changes, their state is unknown: samba  at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/GlobalImpl.pm line 735
EBox::GlobalImpl::saveAllModules('EBox::GlobalImpl=HASH(0x3c6cb48)', 'progress', 'EBox::ProgressIndicator=HASH(0x16322c8)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Global.pm line 95
EBox::Global::AUTOLOAD('EBox::Global=HASH(0x3c94a08)', 'progress', 'EBox::ProgressIndicator=HASH(0x16322c8)') called at /usr/share/zentyal/global-action line 32

Hi Dersch,

Please post more detailed log:

change "debug = no" to "debug = yes" in /etc/zentyal/zentyal.conf file

after change restart the webadmin module:
sudo service zentyal webadmin restart

Dersch

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 07:55:09 pm »
Hi Julio, thanks for your reply. Honestly speaking i don't want to set some settings inside the file manager of zentyal anymore. Last time it took very long processing time and it overwrote any of my lokal set acl settings of all files. The point is that my acl settings for system users are working correctly. Only the domain users are not. Even if i set the acl manually it does not work. I assume some general samba 4 problem on that machine. But unfortunatley my knowledge about that is not enough to troubleshooot by myself.

julio

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 09:36:34 am »
Hi Julio, thanks for your reply. Honestly speaking i don't want to set some settings inside the file manager of zentyal anymore. Last time it took very long processing time and it overwrote any of my lokal set acl settings of all files. The point is that my acl settings for system users are working correctly. Only the domain users are not. Even if i set the acl manually it does not work. I assume some general samba 4 problem on that machine. But unfortunatley my knowledge about that is not enough to troubleshooot by myself.

without detailed log, i can´t help you!  :-\

Dersch

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2016, 02:47:58 pm »
I want to give you specific details ;) what exactly you want to know? How or in which log can i see denied user log in? And where can i see more details about domain user rights instead of acl settings?

julio

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2016, 06:08:27 pm »

I mean, this error with more detail...