Author Topic: Share in Directory under Zentyal - permission denied  (Read 8272 times)

pumpir

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Share in Directory under Zentyal - permission denied
« on: February 18, 2016, 11:30:29 am »
I instaled Zentyal 4.2, made configurantion (not installing and using it for the first time), everything looks fine for several days (before I started with adding data for testing - connecting via smb to share, creating directories, copying files, set permissions from Windows 10 machine - member of Zentyal domain) . Suddenly it says I have no permission to connect to whole share. I checked permissions and ACLs (from SSH console), everything looked OK (in whole structure /home/samba/"sharename"). Even domain administrator cannot connect to share - nobody. Creating new share in "Directory under Zentyal", the same result - permission denied. I am using it on virtual machine (KVM), when this happened, I had backup several days old, I restored this backup (where everything was working correctly) and was comparing smb.conf , shares.conf and permissions, everything the same as in wrong machine.
I started with restored machine, it happened again within few hours, but difficult to recognize when (it has affect after share reconnect).
If I create share under "File system path" (ie. /mnt/testshare), everything works fine.
Any suggestions?
Thank you.

LaM

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Share in Directory under Zentyal - permission denied
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 04:50:51 pm »
Hi,

which kernel are You running? Could it be something related to this? https://forum.zentyal.org/index.php?topic=27362.new;topicseen#new

L

alfredmetushi

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 01:16:52 pm »
Hi,

I got a similar issue. Some of the shared folder just can not be accessed and they are dimmed.

I will add a print screen later.

thanx in advance for any help.

LaM

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 02:21:11 pm »
Till now the only reported working solution looks like

installing the older kernel if not present
Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get install linux-image-3.19.0.47-generic
and purging the new one
Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get purge linux-image-3.19.0-49-generic
sudo update-grub

I'm taking in account a cross testing, installing the new kernel onto the machine that gave issues yesterday and rolling back on the others.

mmmh  ???

L

jfeliu

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 02:29:07 pm »
Hi

I have put all folder permissions to 777. Once this is done, then the ACL function properly.

alfredmetushi

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 05:58:29 pm »
This is how the some folders are dimmed and properties can not being changed expect the acl which does not help.

thanx

trysomething

• Zen Warrior
  • Founder of The Tiki Lab
    • View Profile
    • The Tiki Lab | Bridging the gap between technology and vision impairment!
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2016, 12:59:58 am »
If you are creating shares on Zentyal, then changing permissions through console you're going to have these issues over and over again.  Here's something to try though that may help you figure things out.
Login to a console as a user with root privileges.  Then run "sudo su" to be elevated to root.  Now make a directory inside "media", for example "makdir -p /media/testshare".
Now chmod it to 0777 like "chmod 0777 /media/testshare".
Now go into the GUI and set ACL's for it.
If you give a share guest access you can't do ACL's on either, even though sometimes people get this wonky setup that shows them both checked sometimes.
I'd also go and check in /var/crash to see if there's a Samba crash or SMB crash listed.  There's also the log files inside of /var/log/samba - if you go into the directory /usr/share/Zentyal/stubs/samba you can find some .mas files, in cone (pretty sure it's samba.conf.mas) you can set the log levels to a higher verbosity and see if your logs have any indicator as to what the culprit may be.
As a final thought, what kind of VM is everyone on a VM using?  What kind of specifications did you give it?  What kind of network adapter configuration is it using? 
You will have to excuse my posts not having actual links in them.  I'm blind and can never find that insert hyperlink button LoL.  If you, or someone you know has vision problems check out The Tiki Lab.

pumpir

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 08:27:02 pm »
I went back to kernel  linux-image-3.19.0.47-generic, from that time  BUG: soft lockup - CPU #1 is gone, but problem with permission denied to share in Directory under Zentyal is still there ...