Author Topic: Is it possible to install jabber on Zentyal 4.2 ?  (Read 3165 times)

koval

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Is it possible to install jabber on Zentyal 4.2 ?
« on: February 06, 2016, 05:35:55 pm »
Hello!
I'm trying to install jabber module on Zentyal 4.2. But there is no such module inside.

I've found zentyal-jabber on this PPA https://launchpad.net/~zentyal/+archive/ubuntu/3.0 . I've added. And now got an error

Depends: zentyal-core (<3.3) but 4.2.2 is to be installed.

So is it possible to install jabber on Zentyal 4.2?

googley

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to install jabber on Zentyal 4.2 ?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 07:03:12 pm »
UP!?

trysomething

• Zen Warrior
  • Founder of The Tiki Lab
    • View Profile
    • The Tiki Lab | Bridging the gap between technology and vision impairment!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 01:04:53 am »
Yes it is but not from the Zentyal Repositories

https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/jabberd2-server.html

That's for installing Jabber2 on Ubuntu Server 14.04.
You'll want to be careful on the install though, I'd suggest doing a disk image backup before trying to make this work.
You will have to excuse my posts not having actual links in them.  I'm blind and can never find that insert hyperlink button LoL.  If you, or someone you know has vision problems check out The Tiki Lab.

googley

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 11:04:48 am »
I've installed the package zentyal-jabber (i've modified dependencies and install ejabberd 2.1.11-1ubuntu2.1+zentyal1 from zentyal repo).

But when i try to enable the module in Zentyal Web Interface, i get this error :-\ :
Can't locate object method "stringify" via package "Can't locate object method "throw" via package "Can't locate object method "checkUsersMode" via package "EBox::Jabber" at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Jabber.pm line 148, <GEN0> line 87.
" (perhaps you forgot to load "Can't locate object method "checkUsersMode" via package "EBox::Jabber" at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Jabber.pm line 148, <GEN0> line 87.
"?) at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Module/Service.pm line 378, <GEN0> line 87.
" (perhaps you forgot to load "Can't locate object method "throw" via package "Can't locate object method "checkUsersMode" via package "EBox::Jabber" at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Jabber.pm line 148, <GEN0> line 87.
" (perhaps you forgot to load "Can't locate object method "checkUsersMode" via package "EBox::Jabber" at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Jabber.pm line 148, <GEN0> line 87.
"?) at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Module/Service.pm line 378, <GEN0> line 87.
"?) at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/ServiceModule/CGI/ConfigureModuleController.pm line 65, <GEN0> line 87.
   ...propagated at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Base.pm line 321, <GEN0> line 87.
 at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Run.pm line 105

Is there a simple way to fix this or is it dead?

If you want to try:
Download ejabberd_2.1.11-1ubuntu2.1+zentyal1_amd64.deb
and zentyal-jabber_4.2.0_all.modified.deb *
And install:
Code: [Select]
dpkg -i zentyal-jabber_4.2.0_all.modified.deb ejabberd_2.1.11-1ubuntu2.1+zentyal1_amd64.deb
apt-get install -f

* Modified:
  • Version : from 4.0.1 to 4.2.0
  • Depends: from zentyal-core (>= 4.0), zentyal-core (<< 4.1), zentyal-samba, ejabberd (>= 2.1.11-1ubuntu2.1+zentyal1) to zentyal-core (>= 4.2), zentyal-samba, ejabberd (>= 2.1.11-1ubuntu2.1+zentyal1)