Author Topic: how to send mail to public email from local mail server  (Read 3740 times)

satpalsingh

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
how to send mail to public email from local mail server
« on: January 23, 2016, 10:07:00 am »
hello frnds..
im new in this forum.. i need a help... i have configured a local zentyal mail server at my work place and assign a static ip.. its working fine in my local area network and on web with static ip..
now i want to send emails from my local server to free email service provider like gmail and yahoomail. i have purchased a domain name from bigrocks.com and redirect it to my static ip... i have no idea how to do it...
can anyone help me to get me out from it...

thanks in advance..

trysomething

• Zen Warrior
  • Founder of The Tiki Lab
    • View Profile
    • The Tiki Lab | Bridging the gap between technology and vision impairment!
Re: how to send mail to public email from local mail server
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 04:01:15 pm »
Welcome to the neighborhood :)
Your server "should" just send mail out of the box.  You maybe need to add your domain into the virtual email domains though.  When you originally set your server up you set a domain (local like Zentyal.lan) and a default email domain.  If you left it all stock then you have only the local domain, so all of the users would have email addresses like "john.doe@zentyal.lan" or something.
So let's say you bought the domain "example.com", if you login to the admin panel and click on Mail > Virtual Domains then you can add your "example.com" domain into it.  After that you have 2 options for configuration.
1.  Give all of the users an "alias" for sending/receiving public emails
2.  Delete each users existing email address - BEWARE this will delete everything in their mailboxes.
To do either go into Users and Computers > Manage and click on each user.  You'll see their email address right there for changing if that's the route you want to go.  Underneath the "Change" button you'll see "Modules Configuration" and a link for something like "Mail Account Settings" (not sure what exactly that one says) but you can click to expand it.  You'll then see the section to add an alias, type it in and click the + button.
There is a possibility that your ISP is blocking port 25 as well.  They just do that a lot these days.  If you've already put your top level domain into the virtual domains and it isn't delivering mail outside of your office then I'd guess that is the culprit right there.
Finally, if you're using a router/firewall device to connect the server to the internet you'll have to do some port forwarding to your server.  Make sure the router is directing the following ports to your servers IP address:
1.  MAPI - 135
2.  SMTP - 25
3. HTTPS - 443
4.  HTTP - 80
If none of that works for you come post back and I'll try and get back to you on it.
You will have to excuse my posts not having actual links in them.  I'm blind and can never find that insert hyperlink button LoL.  If you, or someone you know has vision problems check out The Tiki Lab.

andersonpem

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 07:41:59 am »
Hey trysomething! Let me ask you a couple of questions.
Let's keep your example that I bought the domain "example.com".
- For connecting to my local server, I must have a public IP addess, right?
- In my domain register service I have to point one of the records to my public IP, I suppose. Which? MX for mail?
- Can I also have a small information public page on the site or a web mail client also hosted on my zentyal?
Thanks very much for the valuable information. I'm still a beginner.
And sorry for my english.  ;D

kuldippchavan

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 11:02:39 am »
hi friends
i want help regarding Zentyal Mail Server
i configured mail server and internally mail send received working fine but i want to send receive mail to public mail account like gmail, yahoomail how i do.i have registered on godaddy  XXXXXXX.com and my website working. for mail server what i do......