Author Topic: Openchange crashes  (Read 2275 times)

Reisperbachtal

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Openchange crashes
« on: January 03, 2016, 03:36:58 pm »
Hello everybody,

I´m having some troubles with openchange on my zentyal installation. When I reboot the machine, openchange starts and works like it should. After a few minutes, the webinterface is really slow and after a while, it doesn´t even respond anymore. I just get a proxy error (502). On the zentyal modules page, openchange is marked as stopped, however there is no "start" button, just a "restart" button. When I press this, it says it has been restarted correctly, if I however open the dashboard a second time it is marked as stopped again. I have to repeat this step a few times until there is a green "start" button. Then openchange starts correctly and works for the next 2 minutes...

I also tried using shell commands for restarting openchange (sudo /etc/init.d/zentyal openchange restart). It says zentyal has been restarted correctly (no matter if I say start or restart), however, it doesn´t work. On Webmin, I saw that there was a 11gb logfile which I deleted using the zentyal interface. I actually shouldn´t have a hardware problem as there are currently only four users, my machine however has an 2014 Intel Xenon, 8GB DDR3 and a 256GB Samsung SSD as the main drive.

If somebody knows how to deal with this, I would really apreciate if could help me.

BTW,

on a vm installation i made before installing zentyal on my production machine (for testing purpose and getting used to), openchange works like it should.

trysomething

• Zen Warrior
  • Founder of The Tiki Lab
    • View Profile
    • The Tiki Lab | Bridging the gap between technology and vision impairment!
Re: Openchange crashes
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 04:32:26 pm »
Did you ever get this figured out?  I just went through a very similar situation and honestly I can't say whether it's 100% fixed yet or not.  I can say that it's taking longer than it was to crash but I'm not going to call it fixed for 24 hours or so.
I'm using 3rd party SSL so I had to make the file /etc/Zentyal/stubs/openchange/apach-ocsmanager.conf.mas from the original stub at usr/share/Zentyal/stubs/openchange/apache-ocsmanager.conf.mas which I've done nearly a billion times now.
For some stupid reason that stub file will not work though.  I had to make a backup of the original stub and move my modified copy back into the /usr/share/Zentyal/stubs/openchange directory.
Maybe that's what's going on with your server too.  Hopefully you've already got it fixed though!
You will have to excuse my posts not having actual links in them.  I'm blind and can never find that insert hyperlink button LoL.  If you, or someone you know has vision problems check out The Tiki Lab.

Reisperbachtal

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Openchange crashes
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 12:54:04 pm »
Hi trysomething,

unfortunately I didn´t found a solution yet. My plan right now is to wait until the next holidays and then reinstall the whole system. The solution I came up with until that time is to use the "broken" server as a DHCP, DNS, File Server and the virtual machine I created before installing zentyal as my server-os as a mail-server.