Author Topic: Unable to create usere in zentyal 4.2  (Read 1666 times)

fateh singh

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Unable to create usere in zentyal 4.2
« on: December 29, 2015, 07:36:01 am »
Hi All,

After upgrading zentyal 4.1 to 4.2, I m unable to create new users in active directory. getting error (Active Directory Domain Services

Windows cannot create the new user object because the name test is already in use.

Select another name, and then try again.) Pls help.

2 : Not able to join new system in domain . Getting error (The following error occurred attempting to join the domain "abc.com":

No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.)

trysomething

• Zen Warrior
  • Founder of The Tiki Lab
    • View Profile
    • The Tiki Lab | Bridging the gap between technology and vision impairment!
Re: Unable to create usere in zentyal 4.2
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 12:49:00 am »
Ugh that is *****d up, I hate it when stuff like that happens!!!!!! I apologize for not having the actual solution, but I can hopefully help get it narrowed down.
Make sure Apache, Openchange and Samba are all running and happy.  Usually it's one of those 3 culprits so I do the following in a terminal:
$ sudo service apache2 restart
$ sudo service Zentyal openchange restart
$ sudo service samba4 restart

Not sure if it's samba4 OR Zentyal filesharing to be 100% honest but you'll get it figured out.

If you've made any custom virtual host files for Apache or any custom Stub files you'll likely get an error that points to the precise line of trouble code that you can go fix post haste.
There's also a possibility of PAM being the culprit here.  since enabling PAM creates a local user account there could have been some mixup in that area.
I'd look to see which users exist on the domain AND on the server as local users too, just in case.
Finally, make sure you've got the latest and greatest updates for 4.2 - I'm on the whole bleeding edge here and it's running like a top.  Sometimes the upgrade is just a jumping off point for getting some new updates.

You will have to excuse my posts not having actual links in them.  I'm blind and can never find that insert hyperlink button LoL.  If you, or someone you know has vision problems check out The Tiki Lab.

johannesanchez

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to create usere in zentyal 4.2
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 06:16:40 pm »
Hello, this topic has been for a long time ago, but not solved yet.

I have the same problem, suddenly when i try to add a new user to domain i receive a message:

"the name __________ is already in use.

Select another name, and then try again"

it does not matter what name of user i choose, always get back the same response.

Could you please help me?

Zentyal info:
root@zeus:~# service apache2 status
 * apache2 is running
Zentyal: status module openchange:                      [ RUNNING UNMANAGED ]

* samba is running

Version 4.1.17-Zentyal

Kind regards,