Author Topic: Install as domain controller  (Read 2711 times)

Zentiro

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Install as domain controller
« on: November 28, 2015, 10:09:55 am »
I am very new to zentyal. I installed ubuntu 14.04.03 and gave it's host name as UBUNTUHOST. after installed i found that eth0 is up and eth1 has not visible to ifconfig.
But i began install zentyal web interface using eth0. (Which is connected to router). Then enabled eth1. After installing it came to time the configure dns using win7 host using eth1. When i go to dns module it shows me that dns server is UBUNTUHOST.telecomitalia.it.
I cannot delete this entry. Also in user management module, the same domain is set to domain forest. And hostname --fqdn shiws me the same domain and hist name.

How to change my domain name to ububtudom.it and configure DC to connect clients to it?

BrunovonTroba

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: Install as domain controller
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 05:15:02 pm »
This is set in SYSTEM->GENERAL, you have to set there your realm, ex. ubuntudom.it. Than Your server will get name ubuntuhost.ubuntudom.it (because your host name is ubuntuhost also set in SYSTEM->GENERAL as HOSTNAME)

Zentiro

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Install as domain controller
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 10:17:58 pm »
 Dear BrunovonTroba, I found that option in the system menu. I did it. thanks very much for the support.