Author Topic: Asking about Mail Gateway.  (Read 2523 times)

thanhduongcong

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Asking about Mail Gateway.
« on: January 21, 2010, 08:11:28 am »
Hi experts,

I'm a newbie in this forum and using Ebox coup of weeks, so could you please to help me some issues which query nowadays.

I installed ebox-mail, ebox-mail server,ebox-firewall,ebox-ids,ebox-network...etc on Ubuntu 9.04 Edition. Things are going well now except I cant configure these things.

- Firstly, I have one Zimbra Mail Server at my office (the same network with private card firewall ebox), can I configure ebox received my e-mail and scan virus and spam and then deliver to my Zimbra at the same network subnet. I mean using mail routing to route all messages come from ebox to zimbra server.

- The second point, Can I configure ebox-mail server to catch all on each domain I want.

- Finally, My IDS works fine, although it's stopped on Module Status and even I disabled and re-enabled. I want it's shown me Start on Status, can I fix it.

With any helps would be appreciate,

cheesyking

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Asking about Mail Gateway.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 12:59:42 am »

- Firstly, I have one Zimbra Mail Server at my office (the same network with private card firewall ebox), can I configure ebox received my e-mail and scan virus and spam and then deliver to my Zimbra at the same network subnet. I mean using mail routing to route all messages come from ebox to zimbra server.

- The second point, Can I configure ebox-mail server to catch all on each domain I want.

First off I wouldn't call myself an expert but...

I don't think ebox has support built in to do this, however I'd have thought that you could hack this kind of configuration together.

I haven't really thought this through properly let alone tested or even tried this, but here's what I'd do.

remove your normal domain name from the ebox web interface.
(so it doesn't want to deliver mail locally)

Open up the postfix main.cf.mas file:
(ebox will overwrite your edits made directly to configuration files, you have to edit ebox's template files for changes to persist after a reboot)

Code: [Select]
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 w.x.y.z/24
relay_domains = example.com
parent_domain_matches_subdomains =  debug_peer_list smtpd_access_maps
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks reject_unauth_destination

relay_recipient_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relay_recipients
transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport

then create the file: /etc/postix/transport
example.com smtp:[your_zimbra_IP]
next create the file: /etc/postfix/relay_recipients
@example.com x(these are both new files that ebox doesn't try to control so you edit these directly rather than using template files)

postmap those two files and restart ebox (to load the new mas file). This should forward all mail for @example.com to your zimbra server. Have a look at the "Postfix email firewall/gateway" section of this page for more info:
http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 01:07:54 am by cheesyking »