Author Topic: Changing external Ethernet leaves dashboard unusable on eBox 1.2.3 (up1.0)  (Read 1711 times)

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Interface eth1 does not exist.
An internal error related to a template has occurred. This is a bug, relevant information can be found in the logs.

I used to use eth1 for my external, but for a long time ago I switched it to eth0 because eth1 failed. I still had it plugged in, and it complained until I set it up with a static IP. I finally took out the card and now it keeps complaining eth1 doesn't exist when I'm on the Dashboard. I'm assuming something from when I had eBox 1.0 or 1.1 is still referencing it. Any way to fix this please? Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 02:15:34 am by Saturn2888 »

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
Re: [BUG] Changing external Ethernet
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 11:28:22 pm »
Interface eth1 does not exist.
An internal error related to a template has occurred. This is a bug, relevant information can be found in the logs.

What's in /var/log/ebox/ebox.log?
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 12:52:15 am »
Soooo many DEBUG> and WARN> messages.

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 01:38:12 am »
J. A. What a copy of my file?

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 02:54:40 am »
Apparently Samba is down now too:
Code: [Select]
root@main:~# /etc/init.d/ebox samba restart
 * Restarting eBox module: samba                                         [fail]
Unknown error at EBox::Ldap::modifyAttribute unrecognized objectClass 'eboxEgwAccount'

This is random. Now both eBox machines don't have Samba access. I believe, while shortlived, installing winbind screwed these machines up.

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 03:36:39 am »
Soooo many DEBUG> and WARN> messages.

The important are the ERROR> ones if any.

Anyway, what are you doing exactly? Have you upgraded from 1.0 to 1.2?

Regarding your last error when restarting samba maybe you can try to install the ebox-egroupware package.
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 08:51:17 am »
This machine that's having these issues was the one I've been using since March. It went from 1.0.x to 1.1.x to 1.2 and just more recently to 1.2.3 because I still had the old repository in sources.list and didn't know it was changed.

Just for kicks, I tried something else related to the most-recent samba issue:

root@main:~# /etc/init.d/samba restart
 * Stopping Samba daemons                                                [ OK ]
 * Starting Samba daemons                                                [ OK ]
root@main:~# /etc/init.d/ebox samba restart
 * Restarting eBox module: samba                                         [fail]
Unknown error at EBox::Ldap::modifyAttribute unrecognized objectClass 'eboxEgwAccount'
root@main:~#

2010/01/09 06:18:00 ERROR> EventDaemon.pm:465 EBox::EventDaemon::__ANON__ - Server mm.internal.ebox-controlcenter.com not found via DNS server 10.200.0.4
2010/01/20 01:45:11 ERROR> Sudo.pm:190 EBox::Sudo::_rootError - root command cat /var/run/samba/smbd.pid failed.
2010/01/20 01:45:11 ERROR> PgDBEngine.pm:95 EBox::PgDBEngine::_connect - Connection DB Error: FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user "ebox"

Those are some unique errors I pulled out really quick. My assumption is, when I changed Postgre 8.4 to use the default port 5432 port, it caused these issues whereas before it was on 5433. Maybe it was wanting to connect to the old database? Did eBox use an older Postgres before? I don't really know how to use Postgres, but I do know how to login if I need to check. Anything recent though is unrelated to the eth1 issue though.

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 11:48:25 am »
I found out another issue. eth1 was setup in smb.conf so I took out outta there. Still can't start samba, but I think samba and eth1 are related. It was working, but not after the second restart which could've been the fault of a misconfiguration of Winbind or not. It's uninstalled so it might've taken something with it.

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile

Changes saved      Some modules reported error when saving changes . More information on the logs in /var/log/ebox/    read_file '/var/lib/ebox/conf/ssl/ssl.cert' - sysopen

I got that error. I also got the same error when doing /etc/init.d/ebox users start.

I checked line 272 of that pm file and can't figure out why it's having issues.

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
I somehow fixed this today by enabling the VPN module. I have no clue why.