Author Topic: Can't send or received email from outside  (Read 2017 times)

pckomando

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Can't send or received email from outside
« on: April 23, 2008, 01:59:07 am »
Hello Everyone! I'm new to this forum and for what I have seen so far I think its great.

My problem is that I'm running a Small Business Server 2003 with Exchange Integrated. I was able to send and received email from the outside until I configure a PC with EBox (Debian) to allow an external office to connect to our system. Since then, we can't send or received emails from outside, only the internal email system is working.

Can anyone please help me with this. It could be maybe just a setting with the EBox configuration, but until now I haven't been able to figure it out.

Will appreciate any help!

Thanks,

Jose

luch0

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: Can't send or received email from outside
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 06:03:15 am »
I don't have very clear your problem. I assume you use eBox as gateway, that Exchange is in your LAN and the problem is that Exchange can't connect to internet. If I'm right, you need add some rules in firewall to allow the traffic to internet. To do this, you need go to "Firewall" / "Packet Filter" in the left menu and then "Filtering rules for internal networks". Here, you can add these rules. For example, is probable that exchange use TCP 110 and TCP 25. Once this is done, save the changes and should be working.

Regards.