Author Topic: Limited access on a Wifi Access Point  (Read 992 times)

RevigBreizh

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Limited access on a Wifi Access Point
« on: October 14, 2015, 05:45:02 pm »
Hi everybody!

It is my first topic on this forum. I am a newbie, and I would ask for your patience… because I am still discovering a lot!
And my English is not so good… Please have mercy!  :-[
I use Zentyal 3.3.10 on an Ubuntu machine (Ubuntu 12.04).

I use Zentyal because I have two gateways for WLAN. Zentyal does the balance of traffic and checks the WAN failovers.

Our LAN is partly open to the users of our library, partly open for the librarians.
The users have access to Internet through a Wifi Access Point which is available for them.

My problem is to limit access to Internet for the users, but not for the librarians.
It means that I would like to limit the access to each machine connected through this specific Wifi Access Point, but not to the other users (connected through a wire or another Wifi Access Point).

I would like to have all machines connected by DHCP, dynamic IP addresses, not by fixed IP addresses.

Is it possible? And how?
I thought, may be, I have to reserve a specific range of IP addresses (for instance .20 to .60) for the dynamic IP addresses leased by the DHCP server to the users, and let the Firewall set limits for this range of addresses. May I use the DHCP server of the Wifi Access Point simultaneously with the Zentyal's DHCP server?

Probably I am confused. But may be you could help me and give me some orientations?

Thanks, a lot,

Rémi

klinutzu

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: Limited access on a Wifi Access Point
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 10:32:05 pm »
hello,

i'm dealing with wireless networks, so if you want you could send me a pm with details about your wlan (manufacturer, topology, etc)