Author Topic: Installation issues of phpMyAdmin, ApacheGUI & Zentyal  (Read 1660 times)

DrexLock

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Installation issues of phpMyAdmin, ApacheGUI & Zentyal
« on: October 05, 2015, 10:39:43 pm »
I am in the process of setting up a new Zentyal server to replace my existing home server that I use for media streaming/file sharing, VPN, LDAP and WebDev. I have the new machine up and running Zentyal 4.1 without a hitch and am moving over data from my older server (there's a considerable amount  so i wanted to get ahead of it).

Before I potentially borked my installation I wanted to reach out to the community to see if anyone's installed phpMyAdmin and ApacheGUI on an existing Zentyal machine and if they ran into any issues. I understand that the Zentyal out of the box has a basic LAMP setup to run the admin WebUI but would I need to install any other packages beyond phpMyAdmin to manage the MySQL DB and ApacheGUI to manage the different instances?

robb

Re: Installation issues of phpMyAdmin, ApacheGUI & Zentyal
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 11:07:32 am »
As far as I know, Zentyal adminpage runs on NGINX, not Apache.
Adding Apache is not that obvious and you may expect problems to solve. Unfortunately Zentyal became less flexible than it used to be when it dropped all the small business modules and focussed on AD/Exchange replacement.

DrexLock

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Installation issues of phpMyAdmin, ApacheGUI & Zentyal
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 02:17:08 pm »
Darn, I was afraid of that. I thought that I read somewhere that the current Zentyal versions still ship with Apache its just not managed from the admin interface. I love the functionality of Zentyal but I guess I need the full flexibility of a standalone Ubuntu Server. I'll have to investigate it some more and see.

It might be a long shot but is it possible to change the webadmin to be handled by apache instead of nginx?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 04:13:19 pm by DrexLock »