Author Topic: [Solved]Zentyal 3.5 -- Http Proxy -- Blocking if :Port definition in address  (Read 1912 times)

sheshman

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'm using zentyal 3.5.5 (i didn't get time to upgrade 4.x yet but i'll as soon as i can :) ), it works perfectly but i'm having a strange problem with addresses which include ":port" definition like "abc.com:8143", there is an address setted as Allow from http filtering, users can access to direct address and with all subdomains related to it. For example "abc.com" is setted as allow users accessing "portal.abc.com,blog.abc.com" and so on, but if address have an port information like "portal.abc.com:8143" then zentyal directly refusing the access and returns "404 Page not found", i had the similiar problem in 2014 "https://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,23112.msg89023.html#msg89023" and they were advice me to edit "/usr/share/zentyal/stubs/squid/squid-external.conf.mas", so i've edited the file and added this line to acl part "acl Safe_ports port 8143        #eti_sap" and restarted zentyal but it didn't solve the problem, so any help to fix it ?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 11:09:52 am by sheshman »

sheshman

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile

sheshman

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
i've solved the problem with my own searches on internet, writing down if anybody needed in the future;

1-)connect to zentyal through Putty
2-) get root (sudo su)
3-) pico /usr/share/zentyal/stubs/squid/squid-external.conf.mas
4-) find lines starting with acl Safe_ports (in pico to find string use ctrl+w)
5-) if the address working over HTTPS add acl SSL_ports port your_port   #explanation
     if address working over HTTP add acl Safe_ports port your_port   # explanation
6-) Save and exit with ctrl+x
7-) restart squid with "service zentyal squid restart"

you are done. ;) Also Thanks to Zentyal engineers for not helping with this issue, as allways google is the best.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 09:18:55 pm by sheshman »

kingnino

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Thanks buddy, you saved my day!

sheshman

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Thanks buddy, you saved my day!

good to hear that dude,cheers