Author Topic: Feedback on EBox on Ubuntu Hardy (8.04)  (Read 1866 times)

bogus

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Feedback on EBox on Ubuntu Hardy (8.04)
« on: April 18, 2008, 03:46:39 pm »
First of all. Thank you for your really nice work.

I just installed EBox on Ubuntu Hardy (8.04) beta.

The installation went really smooth, no errors.

After the installation when I tried to enable "Users and Groups" I got the following error:

Code: [Select]
\n$VAR1 = bless( {
                 '-stacktrace' => 'Falied to enable at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/ServiceModule/ConfigureModuleController.pm line 71
EBox::CGI::ServiceModule::ConfigureModuleController::_process(\'EBox::CGI::ServiceModule::ConfigureModuleController=HASH(0xb9...\') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Base.pm line 254
EBox::CGI::Base::run(\'EBox::CGI::ServiceModule::ConfigureModuleController=HASH(0xb9...\') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Run.pm line 92
EBox::CGI::Run::run(\'EBox::CGI::Run\', \'ServiceModule/ConfigureModuleController\') called at /usr/share/ebox/cgi/ebox.cgi line 19
ModPerl::ROOT::ModPerl::Registry::usr_share_ebox_cgi_ebox_2ecgi::handler(\'Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0xb876ea4)\') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 204
eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 204
ModPerl::RegistryCooker::run(\'ModPerl::Registry=HASH(0xb6cc75c)\') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 170
ModPerl::RegistryCooker::default_handler(\'ModPerl::Registry=HASH(0xb6cc75c)\') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/Registry.pm line 31
ModPerl::Registry::handler(\'ModPerl::Registry\', \'Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0xb876ea4)\') called at -e line 0
eval {...} called at -e line 0
',
                 '-file' => '/usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/ServiceModule/ConfigureModuleController.pm',
                 '-text' => 'Falied to enable',
                 '-line' => 71,
                 '-package' => 'EBox::CGI::ServiceModule::ConfigureModuleController'
               }, 'EBox::Exceptions::Internal' );

\n

So I run
sudo apt-get remove ^ebox
to remove EBox.
Once everything was removed I re-installed it again.
After that the error was gone and I could enable "Users and Groups", "File Sharing" and "Printers".
This happened twice with fresh Ubuntu installations to me.
After Ubuntu server (only the base system, no additional package) was installed I only run:

sudo apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install ^ebox

So I can reproduce this error.

Just to mention it: If you don't have anything else on your plate some mirror typos in the AJAX "Popups" when enabling modules could be corrected (see "falied" in 2. row of the error message above). But that cosmetic only.

Keep on your excellent work. I am looking forward to the traffic shaping module.

Cheers

javi

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback on EBox on Ubuntu Hardy (8.04)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 06:18:36 pm »
Hi Bogus,

I've uploaded a new ebox-usersandgroups package to my ppa which fixes the bug you got  enabling the users and groups module.

I have uploaded the traffic shaping module for testing purposes.

http://launchpad.net/~juruen/+archive