Author Topic: Domain Conrtoler does not respond  (Read 1032 times)

lolszowy

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Domain Conrtoler does not respond
« on: July 07, 2015, 12:31:01 pm »
Hi!

I`m new on this community forum so Hello everybody! :)

I have a problem with my Zentyal 3.5.5 Community Edition. It looks like the domain controller just stop working at all.

Every change that I`ve made f.e:
- password change does not affect in login process- old password is working, old one is not.
- when I try to connect new computer to domain I receive the information that domain controller is not found
- trying to update packages thru web interfaces is not working
- updating the package list that are ready to update results with nginx error 504
- updateting Zentyal server thru SSH by apt-get is not working. Apt-Get is asking me do I want to download 13MB of data and install it, my answer is YES, then enter, then next line in commandline is prompt. Nothing happens.

Where should I start searching the problem?

Thank You!

BerT666

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Domain Conrtoler does not respond
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 01:41:11 pm »
Hi,

my first guess would be that there is something wrong with the DNS.... (or a Firewall issue).
Can you do nslookup for the Update Servers?
How is your setup?
Zentyal as a Gateway, behind a Firewall, ...

Kind regards

Thomas

lolszowy

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 04:00:33 pm »
Zentyal is just a DNS and DC in my network. Firewall configuration is untouched, and it prevent only itself.

nslookup on security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu (from sources.list) gave no answer, but it gives answers on popular sites like ebay.com and simmilar.

BerT666

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 02:37:56 pm »
coule it be that your (Zentyal) Firewall blocks the Update?
Have you tried to test with deactivated Firewall?

I had many issues regarding to the Zentyal Firewall. Since I use a Sophos UTM, I do the firewalling there and leave the Zentyal-Firewall deactivated.
By now it is running without issues (and the UTM blocks far more unwanted traffic than the Zantyal FW)...

Regards

Thomas