Author Topic: Use an external SMTP for ending domain, smarthost problem  (Read 2906 times)

guillaumebiton

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Use an external SMTP for ending domain, smarthost problem
« on: March 09, 2016, 04:50:48 pm »
Hi,

Is it possible to force Zentyal to check domain users outside himself ?

I explain :

My MX is outside : mail.mydomain.com with two mailboxes "dad@mydomain.com", and "mom@mydomain.com"

I want my zentyal server to retrieve only "dad@mydomain.com". this works great.

But when I try to send a message to "mom@mydomain.com". Zentyal do not use smarthost smtp to send. It uses internal verification and as mom@mydomain isn't on my zentyal server it says "no valid address".

Is there a way to not check for local user before sent to smarthost ?

Regards
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 04:52:23 pm by guillaumebiton »

guillaumebiton

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Use an external SMTP for ending domain, smarthost problem
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 05:30:35 pm »
I find a documentation in the wiki that seems to fit my problems : https://wiki.zentyal.org/wiki/Mail_Split_Domain

But It was made for zentyal 2.2 and on Zentyal 4.2 when I try to add an external alias with the address "mom@mydomain.com" it says that it's not an external account !

Any idea ?

strauch

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 10:45:01 am »
Hi,

i have the same problem do you have any solution? I tried something with postfix and transportmap but this doesn't work. And i have no idea what i have to enter in the external account. And there is no help in the wiki.

thanks

strauch

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 11:11:35 am »
ok the external alias is not really a solution. This is more a forwarding. If you server "owns" the domain1.com there you can define a mailadresse without any user (so there is no user jack) should be forwarded to the following address. for example:

alias: jack

domain: domain1.com

external account: jack@domain2.com

When I write now an email to jack@domain1.com the zentyal server will forward the mail to jack@domain2.com . Mhh i find so many threads where people have this problem but still no solution :-(.