Author Topic: Recover Disaster-please need Help  (Read 794 times)

jpinyol

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Recover Disaster-please need Help
« on: July 02, 2015, 08:59:00 am »
After update Zentyal directly from control panel(patch and security updates from 4.1); the systems become's absolutely slow and inestable; after rebooting crashing completely.
Removed the main system disk in order to have a copy with all the system and installed a new Zentyal on a fresh disk.
The problem comes here; restored the Zentyal OS and basicly configured; restored the system backup with my cloud copy.
Hostname error -> solved.
Zentyal basic config, modules config, AD config and Network shares all restored but not the AD users.
I'll try it to do a new restore from backup cloud in order to solve AD users big problem; but Zentyal says that my user and password from cloud backup are not
corrects; and i can't do anything.....

How can i solve that situation? I've try it to change my password from web without problem but i think than the user and password recorded on zentyal cloud backup
are the old ones.......
It's possible to modify and config file for that?

Please it's urgent

jpinyol

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Recover Disaster-please need Help
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 09:32:49 am »
More info:
on the crashed system ill try'it to execute '/usr/share/zentyal/make-backup' after a few minutes i get 'fatal error - not possible to connect to LDAP Samba'
How can i recover mi AD users?

jpinyol

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Recover Disaster-please need Help
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 03:56:10 pm »
Problem located....
Samba-Zentyal 4.1.4.25 ...........crashes!

Solution in curse:
 - new Vmware Machine with Zentyal, only few updates. Recover the cloud backups and copied to USB
 - Test on new Zentyal system - important! - without the 4.1.2 update!!!
 - Restored the last cloud backup......
 - Samba working for 20' .... but....
Succesful!

Final solution:
 - Migrate to the working server; repeat the process, test users and network shares.....cross your fingers.....