Author Topic: OpenChange setup no option "existing one" in organization name  (Read 3215 times)

enrica

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
OpenChange setup no option "existing one" in organization name
« on: February 25, 2015, 03:46:27 pm »
Dear community,
I try to install a Zentyal server as replacement for SBS 2003. DomainController is already working as additional DC.

If I try to setup "openChange" I have no listbox with options "new one" or "existing one". There whatever as I use as organization name I get following error message: "The PDC server either has been already provisioned or has Exchange Server installed".

Has somebody an idea what the issue is and how to solve it?

coppola_f

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: OpenChange setup no option "existing one" in organization name
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 05:41:48 pm »
guys,

same here!!!

i've succesfully completed zentyal base installation within my test environment...
made the zentyal server become additional dc to existing active directory....
(note teh first test machine has win 2003 r2 as domain controller + exchange installed and configured)
then installed mail services but unable to find the option to deply the mail environment inside an existing organization!!!

so help needed!!!!

many thanks,
francesco

papajulio

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 09:30:16 am »
Sorry but what you are trying to do it's not possible yet. We do not support enabling Openchange in an ADC of a server that had already installed an Exchange server.

Sorry of the inconvenience.
--
Julio José García Martín - QA Engineer

danielmenke

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 03:22:23 pm »
I get the same error message even though there isn' any exchange server installed.

edit: and it was never installed.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 03:48:59 pm by danielmenke »

BerT666

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 02:55:48 pm »
I have nearly the same...
My old Zentyal Server (with OpenChange) makes more and more Problems so I tried to set up a second zentyal box to move everything to the new one.

Added new node to AD => OK (sync is done)
Moved all FSMO Roles to the new Box => OK
Tried to set up additional Openchange => the Dropdown Menu (New / additional) has vanished (do not know since when) and it is not possible to add a second Openchange.

Regarding to the Wiki, it is possible to deploy additional OpenChange server (and move Mailboxes).

When has this feature vanished?

Kind regards

Thomas

Brian.Beers

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 08:45:14 pm »
I have a similar issue.
I configured OpenChange successfully
Organization Name
First Organization

But OpenChange only allowed email for accounts in the default Users OU.

So I deprovisioned Openchange hoping that there was some option I could set the second time around.

But now I keep getting "The PDC server either has been already provisioned or has Exchange Server installed"

Perhaps there is a setting I need to clear in my Active Directory, but I haven't figured this out yet.

phil57

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 03:57:19 pm »
Hi, I am a newbie here, but have been testing zentyal 4.1 community to see if it really is an alternative to my windows 2008 r2 exchange set up. I have spent quite a few hours configuring it and setting it up as it was billed on the wiki that it could run alongside my exchange 2010 server happily for testing. I have reached the same point as the guys on this thread and wanted to know if I am wasting my time or I have missed something along the learning curve ? I have set up my zentyal server as a BDC to my primary sbs 2008 PDC but when I go to connect open change i get the error "The PDC server either has been already provisioned or has Exchange Server installed". I have read plenty including a manual to set up zentyal 3.4 which describes what I want to achieve but it looks like things have changed in 4.1 ?

any guidance would be greatly appreciated.