Author Topic: Template for main.cf?  (Read 1138 times)

-pekr-

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Template for main.cf?
« on: June 23, 2015, 09:38:33 am »
Hi,

we still use Zentyal 3.5.1, as a small ISP. We usually don't allow usage of our mail server, but as it happens, there are some exceptions - clients having their domain hosted somewhere else, yet requesting us to provide our smtp server. So - we created one general email adress to authenticate to smtp, plus STARTLS usage.

However, there was some change in Zentyal 3.5.1, as before that, we had no such issue. We simply need to comment out the following line of main.cf, in order to get above scenario working:

#smtpd_sender_restrictions=reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch

The problem is, that there is no tickbox for such feature in a GUI and even more so - If I change it (comment out), simply doing any other change, or even server restart, uncomments the above line. Before I write some cron job, which keeps watching it, my question is - is there any template of main.cf somewhere, which Zentyal internally uses, so that I could make the change directly there?

Thanks a lot,
Petr

-pekr-

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: Template for main.cf?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 01:03:27 pm »
Ok, got to the docs thanks to the other thread, created main.cf.mas in the /etc/zentyal/stubs/mail, changed the affected line and it seems to work.