Author Topic: jabber on 4.1  (Read 1575 times)

hamedi

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
jabber on 4.1
« on: May 19, 2015, 12:05:32 pm »
hi
one of my staff upgrade our server to zentyal 4.1 so we have lost our jabber . I reinstalled jabber manually but it works with ldap old users but when we creat new user in ldap it does not work and the error is "authentication faild". how it is possible ? and how can I correct this issue?
thnak you

jbahillo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: jabber on 4.1
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 12:45:20 pm »
Hello:

I can only see two possibilities to solve your situation:
1. reinstall 4.0  and try to restore from some config backup from that version
2. Manually edit LDAP to include attributes used by jabber to auth users (given Zentyal will not do that in 4.1)

hamedi

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 07:48:20 am »
thank u for ur reply , I tried so much to manually edit LDAP attributes but it's so hard and confusing finding the exact files and places to modify.
could u please help me  to do this ? if u know where I should find these matters ?? also I tried to fetch information from mysql but there are many fields and tables .

jbahillo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 06:30:33 pm »

As you can ssee on the stub, you will need this:
https://github.com/Zentyal/zentyal/blob/4.0/main/jabber/stubs/ejabberd.cfg.mas#L66-L69

objectClass=userJabberAccount
jabberUid=username

You will need having the Jabber Schema extensions added, but I guess that you already should given you have users who have Jabber enabled.

As manually editing LDAP may be difficult for some users and it is easy to commit something by mistake, I would suggest you doing frequent /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb backups, and to test first on a test system

hamedi

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 10:27:48 am »
thank u so much for ur support
I check the jabber.cfg setting and all was true and the same as u linked me.

it seems that some attribute must change in LDAP db to allow LDAP users  connect to ejabber but it confusing me which?where?how?...