Author Topic: VPN connected, can't access internet [SOLVED]  (Read 1520 times)

expertgeeks

• Forum Moderator
  • Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
VPN connected, can't access internet [SOLVED]
« on: May 12, 2015, 01:23:13 pm »
Hi,

Zentyal 4.1, I have the openVPN set up and clients are able to connect to the server. When the client connects though, while they can access the network shares etc on the server, they cannot access the internet.. Incidentally there is often

Code: [Select]
UNDEF <GatewayIPAddress>:58556 Tue May 12 10:30:19 2015
appearing in the admin pages on the server. Any ideas why all traffic is either being routed via the VPN and rejected or not routed at all ?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 02:19:26 pm by expertgeeks »

expertgeeks

• Forum Moderator
  • Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: VPN connected, can't access internet [SOLVED]
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 02:29:29 pm »
The problem was with the local connection or the browser, not with OpenVPN settings or the server. I tried resetting winsock and flushing the dns;

Code: [Select]
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
ipconfig /flushdns

No change. I was unable to remove the OpenVPN TAP adapters using the OVPN batch files. I then removed the TAP adapter manually via Device Manager. Once removed in Device Manager, the batch files still could not install a new TAP adapter. I removed the ethernet driver in device manager and re-installed it. Once set up and working I was able to add the TAP adapter back in. Connecting to the VPN allows me to view the server shares and routes the web traffic through the local gateway. Although, when connected to the VPN, Firefox is unable to use a local proxy server and the connections time out.. This is not something I've encountered with previous OpenVPN connections. Anyone have any ideas why this is ? I'm also still having 'UNDEF' connections appearing in the VPN panel of the management pages.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 02:52:42 pm by expertgeeks »