Author Topic: Zentyal 3.2 -> 3.5 (and 4.0) Activesync issues  (Read 928 times)

dannyboy1121

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal 3.2 -> 3.5 (and 4.0) Activesync issues
« on: April 30, 2015, 10:47:03 am »
After running without major issue on 3.2 for some time, I upgraded my Zentyal server (running openchange & Z-Push) to 3.5. What I didn't realiise before I deleted the pre upgrade snapshot was that my active sync contacts had ceased to work for all connected devices. To make the situation worse, the associated errors relating to failed contact sync caused around 3 GB of logs to be generated across apache2 / z-push and sogo directories per day.

I've also found stability to be particularly poor in this release - yet held back any further upgrade due to reluctance to lose features.

Eventually - the stability issues were enough to push me in to trying 4.0, although I kept the associated server snapshot this time. And I'm glad I did because that upgrade seems to have invalidated the SSL cert that the devices use for active sync and I lost connectivity for all devices entirely.

I've rolled back to 3.5 for now but would be very keen to hear from anyone that is running Openchange with Activesync (Windows Phone and Apple clients) that has managed to make the jump to 4.0 and keep active sync working.

dannyboy1121

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 3.2 -> 3.5 (and 4.0) Activesync issues
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 11:36:47 am »
I've not resolved this but my work around has been:

1 - Remove z-push entirely
2 - Edit the /etc/apt/sources list to point at Zentyal 4
3 - apt get update
4 - install sogo active sync from the version 4 release whilst leaving everything as it was.

Activesync works like a charm now (mail, calendar, contacts) for Windows Phone and iPhone users and I'm no longer getting swamped with logs or repeated failures.

Naturally - do this at your own risk.

klinutzu

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 3.2 -> 3.5 (and 4.0) Activesync issues
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 11:18:43 pm »
well for me activesync doesn't work: contacts didn't sync... i will try to change from sogo-activesync to z push.