Author Topic: SMTP Relay and Alt Port SMTP  (Read 976 times)

thenodemaster

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
SMTP Relay and Alt Port SMTP
« on: May 04, 2015, 12:23:26 am »
I am upgrading from Ubuntu 14.04 using Postfix, Dovcote, and Sendmail to Zentyal 4.1.  Currently I am using alt-port SMTP and SMTP relay through noip.com for my small business website and am not interested in leaving this service since Verizon blocks SMTP port 25.  I have nto bee successful in figuring out how to set this up in Zentyal despite pouring through the documentation.  Having worked with the commercial version at work, I am very pleased with Zentyal and its offerings and want to upgrade my small business' server at home but have not had the opportunity to learn how to configure this part of things since the company I work for in my day job has business class internet with static IP and does not block port 25.  I vaguely remember reading something about Zentyal using Dovcoat and/or Postfix, but with all the changes in 4.0 to 4.1, I am not sure if this is the case any longer since I have learned--the hard way--that several items have been removed in 4.1.

In addition, on my current Ubuntu 14.04 server, I use ISPConfig for setting up my mail domain and am unsure as to how things would translate over.  I think Zentyal uses NGinx for the web server for the administration control panel, but I will be needing to implement the LAMP stack for my website.  I have an SSL certificate for my site that is entered into Apache, but I am wondering that, if Zentyal uses NGinx, if I can use my SSL certificate for both Apache and NGinx since the admin control panel lists on port 8443.

Thanks in advance!

thenodemaster