Author Topic: LDAP setup failing due to DNS issue  (Read 840 times)

cxeonline

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
LDAP setup failing due to DNS issue
« on: May 01, 2015, 11:11:06 pm »
Hello,
I have a Zentyal server setup as gateway with a Windows Server 2008 Domain Controller.  It was not previously setup to connect with LDAP but I would like to use some of the features that would enable and am now trying to set it up.
I configured the servername and username settings.  They should be correct, rechecked them several times.  When I click on LDAP Settings it tells me
"The domain controller dc.domain.local could not be resolved to its IP address. Please, make sure you are using one of the AD DNS servers as the primary resolver in the resolvers list."
When I click on the link to the DNS resolvers it shows the correct IP for the DC but with another DNS resolver above it pointing to 192.168.0.5 which is not deletable and which is not a subnet in use at all anywhere on my network.  The internal and external interfaces are 10.3.55.x, external is a different 10.x, vpn to another zentyal is 192.168.170.x, and the internal network for the other zentyal is 10.3.54.x. I think that is the IP address of the dns server of the network where the Zentyal was first setup and configured but I can't figure out how the zentyal could still have any references that server.

Hopefully someone will have a facepalm answer for me :)
Thanks for reading