Author Topic: DHCP reservations not intuitive. Which file are the IP's stored in?  (Read 1424 times)

rindi

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have some issues with static IP reservations in Zentyal's DHCP server. First, In the module where I setup those reservations, I can see the names of the objects I reserved those IP's for, but I can't see the actual IP's I've given out. That means it is very hard to keep track of those IP's, and that is one of the main reasons why I would want to use reservations in the first place. Shouldn't the Zentyal Interface show those IP's I've already reserved, so it is harder to assign the same IP to another device again? As an alternative, does anyone know in which file those reservations are stored, so I could have a look at it?

cyberfrk

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: DHCP reservations not intuitive. Which file are the IP's stored in?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 02:27:21 pm »
I noticed that too.  :(
It's not the best way but you can checks the current leases witch this file: dhcpd.leases

rindi

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: DHCP reservations not intuitive. Which file are the IP's stored in?
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 03:01:00 pm »
Thanks for the reply, but that file only shows the dynamic IP's the server has leased out, not the ones you have reserved. You can also see the leases of dynamic IP's that are currently in use in the dashboard.

What I am interested in are those IP's I've reserved (to other servers, printers, Wireless AP's etc.). Those IP's I can't see anywhere in the management interface, not even if I select the edit function of those devices in DHCP part of the management interface.

I have found the file where they are reserved in, /etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf. But I'd prefer it if they were visible in the web-interface.