Author Topic: Jabber, Mail Filter, and Antivirus modules back?  (Read 2045 times)

nontrivial

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Jabber, Mail Filter, and Antivirus modules back?
« on: February 13, 2017, 08:37:36 pm »
Folks,

I'm converting my second Zentyal 4.2 server to 5.0 and I just noticed that the Jabber, Mail Filter, and Antivirus modules are available again. I'll be checking out the mail filter module here shortly, but does anybody know anything about this?

trysomething

• Zen Warrior
  • Founder of The Tiki Lab
    • View Profile
    • The Tiki Lab | Bridging the gap between technology and vision impairment!
Re: Jabber, Mail Filter, and Antivirus modules back?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 12:42:36 am »
Just started the upgrade process myself but in 4.0 and on I've only lost Jabber.
mail Filter and Antivirus have always been there for me.
Uncertain how long it's going to take since I had a big issue with Grub and stupid images a minute ago but fingers crossed the upgrade goes swimmingly and I don't lose everything again LoL.
Hey, here's a "something you didn't know" - when doing upgrades/updates of Zentyal it's a horrible idea to create PST backups of all user accounts - why you ask - well Zentyal doesn't support PST imports.  In fact, importing a PST larger than around 200 emails in plain text will wreck any user account on a Zentyal server beyond repair...
Sucks, yeas but it is what it is...
You will have to excuse my posts not having actual links in them.  I'm blind and can never find that insert hyperlink button LoL.  If you, or someone you know has vision problems check out The Tiki Lab.

Sand_man

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 06:52:08 am »
Developed return Jabber, please!!!

nontrivial

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 04:09:54 pm »
Yeah, I just tar up the /var/vmail directory for backups.
So I just turned on the official Zentyal mail filter and it seems to work, but it doesn't seem to be adding spam headers to all messages. I've tried changing the $sa_tag_level_deflt setting to -999 and that doesn't seem to work either. I will keep playing with it.