Author Topic: After Clean Install 1.3.10-2 Can't connect to Web UI  (Read 1799 times)

VaineDragon

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Den
After Clean Install 1.3.10-2 Can't connect to Web UI
« on: December 25, 2009, 03:33:25 am »
For the first time in over a month I got eBox to install with no bumps in the road. Now I can't get to the Web UI to configure the server. Tried my bookmarked URL of https://192.168.1.201:443 just times out.

I can ping 192.168.1.201 and if I use Links2 I can get the Web UI, But only from the server console, I can't telnet or ssh to the server with Secure CRT to any port. It's like the server is not there?

I see the server in my network on my Windows machine, but since I have no sharing configures I can't do anything at all.

Any help as usual will be appreciated, and to all the eBox staff Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year......

Dragon
“ If you look into the eye of the storm, and see nothing, Well I guess you better step aside, thus is the truth of your lack of reason. ”

brcisna

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: After Clean Install 1.3.10-2 Can't connect to Web UI
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 03:22:22 am »
VD,

I am very green to Ebox, but I run into the same problem you are experencing. My Fix:
Once you get logged into server console do:'sudo ifconfig' you should see eth0 running with an dhcp address assigned by your dhcp server.   next:
do an ,,,' sudo ifconfig eth1 192.168.0.10 netmask 255.255.255.0 '
this sets the ip of your 'other' nic ( eth1 ).
now plug a cat5 wire from a laptop or dekstop ethernet port into the opposite nic port on the ebox that you previously was plugged into,
(You will need to temporarily static iP address into the laptop of 192.168.0.100)
You will be able to get to the WEB UI from eth1 at    https://192.168.0.10

Once you are logged into the WEB UI make sure you set BOTH of the nics parameters and save changes!

Sidenote: The way I found this out I could not do an nmap of the Ebox ip address of ETH0.
So,,I knew I would not be able to access the ebox from what is ultimately the "public interface".

Hope this helps.

Take Care,
Barry
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 03:25:55 am by brcisna »