Author Topic: How to setup Zentyal as gateway server as well as Squidclamav transparent proxy  (Read 1408 times)

phoanglong

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Greetings,

I have been reading quite a few article on how to setup Zentyal to act as the gateway server as well as the squidclamav transparent proxy server (HTTP/HTTPS) but I not really sure on how to do it. Could someone please point me to the right direction on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Here is some information regarded to my so called home server :D
Equipment list:
1. Pc with 4gb ram; two network cards (interfaces), 1 will be setting-up as internal DHCP, DNS and Squidclamav, the other will connect to internet, 4tb HDD + 160gb HDD for casing.
2. 1 Fiber optic internet connection through Huawei HG8245A router

The challenge that i'm facing right now is that, my router is currently acting as the DHCP and DNS server and provide internet connect to wire/wireless devices (it has Lan port 1,2,3,4 for wire connection and SSID for wireless). And what I really want to do is that setup my server to receive internet connection from Lan Port 1 and divert it back to Lan Port 2.

It somehow look like this:

Lan Port 1 <=> eth0 <=> my Home-server <=> eth1 (DHCP, DNS, Squidclamav) <=> Lan Port 2 (providing DHCP, DNS and internet connection to wire and wireless devices that connected to my router).

It's been driving me crazy for the past few days, I could not find a way to success with this, could someone please help me.

(Please excuse my English, as it is not my first language, there will be typos, bad grammar but I'm willing to learn, please correct me if i'm wrong)

Many thanks in advance, best regards,

Long

espacial

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hello phoanglong,

I have something like that, with more interfaces right now.
The internet conection is by fiber, unless you have a fiber interface for the server, you need to use that router as gateway.
Think in another one to use as the wireless provider, any wifi router or access point goes right.
Well, set the fiber router to work as a modem (if fiber service is same like in Uruguay, you use a pppoe connection, or in other case a static routing connection), anyway just use these router as a gateway.
Then connect to eth0.
Configure eth0 as the service you need (pppoe, static, etc), and mark as an external connection.
Then connect eth1, to a switch or another wiifi router (to share internet connection and LAN).
The eth1 goes with static IP, for ex, 192.168.1.10 (I hate to use .1 for obvious reasons), then you will see on gateway that will appear the eth0 interface.
After that, you need to condigure your DHCP server, add a range, and start service module.

With those simple steps you will have your lan working.

For use any router as an access point, you need to connect on eny of the 4 LAN port, NOT THE ONE which says WAN PORT), then add an IP, like 192.168.1.11, and dissable DHCP server. Of course that you need to configure wireless stuff.

I hope this helps you.

Regards

phoanglong

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Thank you for replying to my question. I have figured it out that my Wireless router does not support internet connection through lan port (there is no WAN port), so i've improvised by purchasing a access point from Buffalo.

Many thanks,

Long