Author Topic: Squid Charactar String Buffer too small  (Read 1235 times)

chauhananshul

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Squid Charactar String Buffer too small
« on: January 02, 2015, 11:33:11 am »
hi,

I'm using zentyal 3.4 with squid3 and dansguardian. while submitting forms while using proxy, in some website we are getting Errror as attached file. Kindly suggest.

jbahillo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Squid Charactar String Buffer too small
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 02:17:55 pm »
Hello:

This is  an Oracle error, so it seems to be strictly related to that particular webpage, not to the proxy itself

chauhananshul

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 09:59:02 am »
hi,

Bt if i bypass zentyal and use squid installed on the other centos machine, the same works fine without the error.

chauhananshul

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 08:56:12 am »
Please suggest how can i make this site woking with zentyal proxy as if i use squid from the other centos server this site works fine without the error. Kindly suggest how can we bypass this website to be checked. as this site is accessed by IP Address and not name,  we add already added the IP address in Filter Profile, Domain and Url Rules but still we are getting the same error.

jbahillo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 09:52:39 am »
It looks like this site is storing on a database the headers with the IP address of the visitor. When you use a proxy , several IP's are stored on this header (proxy IP's and Final Client IP) so that's why this site shows that error. As far as I can see the field for such value has been restricted by the DBA to 20 chracaters, and when you're using the proxy it has 37.

I don't think this is a website critical error, but the correct way to correct this but be the DBA to allow larger fields for Host value (IP_ADDRESS in the database)