Author Topic: Locked out of Administration  (Read 7299 times)

jjm1982

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Locked out of Administration
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2010, 12:11:25 pm »
There is away to add the ports after the firewall restarts. In the directory /etc/ebox/hooks, there is a file "firewall.postservice". You can add the iptables (without sudo) command I provided, within the if statement.

You mentioned tor, are you using this as your proxy to connect to the internet? Are you using squid as a proxy as well?

pj

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2010, 09:09:56 pm »
Hello jjm,

Thanks for the reply. I will try your advice out later for firewall.postservice.

The server will not be used for connecting to the Internet using tor - only as a relay or bridge. At present, I do not use a proxy server. Do you have any advice here too please?

Kind regards

jjm1982

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2010, 09:14:16 pm »
I was going down the road that squid may have been conflicting with tor. Have you tried accessing ebox with tor disabled?

pj

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2010, 09:19:34 pm »
Hello jjmm,

I installed tor today - no chance that this is causing the problem. Doing some reseach on the ssl problem, it could be that there is another web server trying to answer port 443. I have ruby on rails installed. Nginx was on the machine, but I removed that and purged it too, so it can't be that.

Kind regards

pj

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2010, 10:58:14 pm »
Hello jjm (sorry for the extra "m" last time!),

I have added your lines (without sudo) to open the two tor ports, restarted the firewall for good measure - no change.... nmap 127.0.0.1 doesn't show them at all.

I even added eth0 and eth1 to check if it was working with the wrong NIC.

???

Kind regards

pj

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2010, 12:52:55 am »
Is it possible that there was something changed/deleted/added on the ssl side (certificate perhaps?), when I changed the port for ebox administration? This would explain the web page error.

How should I delete the existing ssl certificate(s) and make new ones, if this is the case?

Kind regards

pj

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2010, 12:44:22 pm »
Bump!  :)