Author Topic: Zentyal 4.0 fresh install hangs  (Read 1588 times)

Daguet57

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal 4.0 fresh install hangs
« on: January 06, 2015, 08:51:23 pm »
On a fresh install of 4.0 community edition, made on a 2x 3TB HDD in RAID 1 , i face several problems :

First, RAID 1 configuration with grub was not as simple as expected - there is need for a bootgrub partition, a bootable one, one for swap and the biggest one for /. This configuration is now OK i suppose, using 1 biosgrub , 1 bootable ext4 , 1 raid dedicated to swap and 1 raid for system / on each disk.

Then, a busybox-initramfs issue, which cannot be installed. (See busybox picture attached). This one seems to have a workaround with the following command in Alt-F2 terminal while installing:
while true; do rm /var/run/chroot-setup.lock; sleep 1; done . This one seems OK for now .

Lastly, install "hangs" at 85% while processing delayed actions 'trigger' of ureadahead. Looking at the log console (Alt-F4) shows the following :
configuration file '/etc/dbus-1/session.conf' was already present (file on system created by you or by a script.), and asks for replacing file with the one of the packet's owner , keeping the current one, showing differencies or suspending process to check situation (choice between Y/I/N/O/D/Z) - See dbus image attached-

Unfortunately, i have found no way to either answer the question or force a parameter witin boot for instance.

Any idea? It would be appreciated !

Regards,
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 08:52:55 pm by Daguet57 »

Daguet57

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 4.0 fresh install hangs
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 11:46:31 pm »
Hello Again.

I've finally, after several re-tries including re-boot without raid, MD5 re-checks and try to install older versions, manually suppress files already present errors, and several hours , to figure out what was blocking :

that #@¹è^¤% usb Key !!

In a way or another (still needed to be found), boot on this USB key was not working properly during install.
How i found? Just by burning a DVD with the very same Zentyal 4.0 iso on it, and re-try a fresh install.

I'm glad to be able to run a zentyal again (after a double HDD failure), and state this kind of error is linked either to the USB boot or the way to prepare USB key with iso (using disk launcher creator in another ubuntu).

Thanks for having tried to reproduce this problem, if anyone have.

I'm glad those weeks are over, and keep you in touch if the root cause is found to help the following users.