Author Topic: HTC 8x Windows Phone 8 and Activesync  (Read 1499 times)

Zlaxer

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
HTC 8x Windows Phone 8 and Activesync
« on: December 21, 2014, 02:50:32 pm »
Sorry if the subject matter here has already been posted - I searched the forums and was unable to locate previous posts that were on point. Please point me in their direction if they exist.

So I've gotten Zentyal to sync with an i-phone, i-pad via SoGo and outlook anywhere, but my HTC 8x Windows Phone 8 spits back Error Code: 85002012. I've even converted the certifying authority and server certs from .crt to .cer and installed them directly onto the phone - still same error code. I thought Sogo and Z-Push both supported windows phones? When using Z-Push, the phone spits back that the server requires certain security features.

My Zentyal box is behind a NAT and has 192.168.2.9. I have set the Zentayl interface to be a WAN (even though its really not - because the NAT forwards to that interface). As I am behind a firewall / NAT, I have set all Zentyal fire wall rules to any-any. The NAT has been configured to forward port 80 and 443 to the zentyal box. I have the following CNAME records which both point back to mydomain.com - "zentyalboxname.mydomain.com" and "mail.mydomain.com"   I have not been able to get the "mail.mydomain.com" to work with outlook anywhere...I keep getting a message indicating that the ssl cert name doesnt match the target address even though I'm using "mail.mydomain.com" as the server name and also generated/installed a "mail.mydomain.com" certificate using the zentyal box on the outlook client. Does Zentyal generate and send to clients its own certificate for the server that uses the server's host name as the common name?  Asking because outlook anywhere only works when I use "zentyalboxname.mydomain.org" as the server / CNAME. Has anyone been able to get a windows phone 8 to sync using either SoGo and/or Z-Push? If so, what were the configuration settings you used on the phone? Is it possible to remove the apache index.html default pages without breaking the webmail, outlook anywhere and ActiveSync? I don't like advertising my web server version number to the world...seems like they should correct this in a future release....

« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 02:54:23 pm by Zlaxer »

Zlaxer

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: HTC 8x Windows Phone 8 and Activesync
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 10:25:16 pm »
So after my phone upgraded to 8.1 IMAP started to work....when I upgraded to Zentyal 4.1 MAPI started to work!  Only issue is that Tasks won't sync....any suggestions?  If not, do you guys think it might be possible to fix this in the next release? Or is that total up to SoGo?

One other item....It would be nice if you could sync multiple calendars...right now only my personal calendar syncs....
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 10:27:21 pm by Zlaxer »

jbahillo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: HTC 8x Windows Phone 8 and Activesync
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 05:17:03 pm »
Task are not supported yet for synchronization (events are). Tasks will only be available either on the app (Webmail/Outlook) where they were created