Author Topic: GPO not working  (Read 1429 times)

fdlima

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
GPO not working
« on: July 04, 2014, 10:27:22 pm »
Hello everyone!

I was trying Zentyal as an AD DC hoping that i could change the Windows AD DC. Everything was working fine till I come to the GPO part. Am I doing something wrong? I'm using Windows RSAT through a Windows 7 x64 registered on the domain with the domain Administrator built-in account also added to the local administrators.

I have created a GPO for a specific group and edited the Default Domain Controllers Policy.

On the group GPO I had only specified a network drive for a folder to be shared within the group and on the Domain GPO I had made password policies, restricted user access to some settings, etc.

None worked!

I've searched a lot and didn't see any issue like mine so I'me thinking that the problem is ME  :-\

Can someone help or suggest something?

r0n1n77

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: GPO not working
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 01:54:55 pm »
I have a similar problem.
I installed Zentyal as a first(and only) DC. Adding workstations to AD worked fine.

Now I can't getWindows RSAT GPO editor working. I'm always getting "The network name cannot be found" error. although all works fine, DNS connectivity and so on...

In Zentyal I get the following in /var/log/samba/samba.log:

process_usershare_file: stat of /var/lib/samba/usershares/admin$ failed. No such file or directory
  find_service() failed to find service admin$

Will appreciate any ideas/advices.