Author Topic: Zentyal as additional domain controller with Win2012 (domain level 2008) as PDC  (Read 1395 times)

IntOverflow

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi,

shortly after the old problem was solved by an update, there is a new problem with the additional domain controller. I tried to connect Zentyal as additional domain controller to an allready existing Win2012 (domain level 2008). My target is to get OpenChange work on Zentyal. (I've never install MS Exchange Server on my Win Server!)

Has anyone successfully tried this?

I don't know if it is the fault of my Windows server configuration or a bug of Zentyal.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 06:48:48 pm by IntOverflow »

Sal

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
I've tried adding Zentyal to a Windows Domain with 2008r2 as the AD.

Couldn't get it to work at all.

Zentyal itself worked, and connected to AD successfully and without an issue.  The problem came in with the way Zentyal works with AD.  The users must be in the domain.local/users OU.  Since I already have AD setup, it is not configured as such, nor will it change to be that way.  My users sit in a different OU. 

While testing out Zentyal, I tried to make it work using the Users OU it wanted.  That did not allow me to enable any email accounts as the schema was different.

I gave up....In my opinion.  Zentyal isn't ready to be an MS Exchange Drop in replacement as they advertise.  Perhaps in a fresh domain, but not as part of an existing one.

I keep checking the forums in hopes someone has resolved the problems, as I am hopeful.

IntOverflow

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
@Sal:
Thank you for your post. I have already moved all users to the mydomain.local/users and I can enable the OpenChange. But I can't enable the mail account for a user. (Unhandled exception)
The reason for the error is that when joining the domain, an error occurs. Although I see the users in the domain, but I can't run this command: samba-tool fsmo show

@all
I hope someone can help me. Does anyone else have this problem? Or an idea how to solve it?

Thank you

IntOverflow

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Update:
No error when joining the domain and command "samba-tool fsmo show" is working now. There was a problem with the Win 2012 R2 PDC <==> Samba 4

But unhandled exception still exists when enabling the openchange for a user!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 04:21:15 pm by IntOverflow »