Author Topic: Openchange Not Working .... most of the time.  (Read 1592 times)

jdale

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Openchange Not Working .... most of the time.
« on: October 05, 2014, 07:42:26 pm »
I just installed a fresh copy of 3.5 from the VMWare Image.

Everything seems to be working fine except the access thru Outlook.   9 times out of 10 I can't connect to the server.  When using it thru my android phone my emails are showing up but most of the time Outlook can't connect properly.  I get an error stating that it can't contact the server.

If I run the restart with in the shell it usually works for about 10 minutes then stops working again.  If I check the statuses on all the modules everything seems to be running.  Access thru my android phone however still works ( I configured the native exchange client in android )  I can send and rx emails without an issue.

There once was a notice on the dashboard that samba had crashed and I hastily dismissed it without checking the logs. It hasn't shown up since then however.

Any ideas of where to peel back the curtain and find the gremlins within?

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 07:46:08 pm by jdale »

FjF

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Openchange Not Working .... most of the time.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 01:58:21 pm »
Same with me.
I have a fresh instalation of Zentyal 4 with all the updates.
The mail system works fine with IMAP but fails without a clear reason with Outlook 2010 and 2013 in exchange mode.
The webmail interface works fine.
It is quite strange as nobody else is complaining.

Please comment.

FjF

tigerman

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 09:38:06 am »
"It is quite strange as nobody else is complaining."

I am struggling to get MAPI working so I am using IMAP for now.

There is supposed to be a new feature coming, a button to 'reset' a MAPI account if it gets porked up.

FjF

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 01:40:59 am »
Is it just us having this problem ?
I've tried several setup configurations in the hope that one would work but I always get the same result.
Am I being dumb ?
IMAP works fine but then it always did and Exchange compatibility is the main point of Zentyal 4. What is the point of going through all of this and not having a working product ?
I've been using Zentyal since version 2 on several of our server and I think it was a great product.
What happened ?

FjF