Author Topic: outlook 2010 push issues  (Read 3607 times)

fwohlfarth

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: outlook 2010 push issues
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 02:43:24 pm »
Same problem here.
Also we have the problem over Exchange Active Sync in Outlook 2013 the syncing stops after 5 minutes we started outlook. The Problem only arrive in a Mailbox, that have more than 100 Mails.
I searching for a alternative Exchange. Zentyal is not the solution for a perfect Mail Groupware.

esco

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2015, 08:40:45 pm »
ARE YOU GUYS F*ING SERIOUS?

same from me..

Last year we wanted to buy Zentyal for the firewall/gateway systems. But then this was dropped..
Now we are looking for a UCS/Zarafa replacement for one of our customer and we have some good experience with SOGo for internal use. So Zentyal sounds very nice. And then this here!

Looks like we have to use MS..

If you are successful with this just ignore me. But maybe you could look at the model of Proxmox (we are paying subscription for production/customer systems, but are free to use the product with a different repo and full features for testing and some none critical internal systems). This works for us very well. I don't know the numbers but I hope this works for them, too.

esco

cpservicespb

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2015, 06:19:56 pm »
Giblet535, you are not right.
Zentyal, wuth Samba4+Openchange works with MS Outlook through mapi as in native Exchange ode without any middle plug-ins.

dinger

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 12:26:11 am »
As much as its not very useful and most likely a wee bit daft there is another option....ditch outlook and use http://www.emclient.com, I am not affiliated with them at all but have been using it alot recently with customers who are too tight to buy office. It uses activesync I believe so should work fine!

The other option is to fork zentyal to a truly open source project which has all this available as part of it and don't do it to make money (which wont work).

I have been using zentyal since the ebox days and love it, in fact I had been building a similar project and abandoned it due to the fact that ebox was far superior and has always ticked so many boxes for so many of my customers both using the community and paid for versions.

With my business head on though realistically if outlook sync worked fine without a workaround in the community version then what would be the need to buy it?

Also putting on my community hat would a scheduled send and receive work? If so I believe the send and receive settings for outlook are kept in a srs file which will be stored in "C:\users\%username%\appdata\microsoft\outlook\" and will be called mailprofilename.srs, if this is the case that wouldn't take long or be awfully hard to script a deployment using pdqdeploy or logon scripts as the default outlook profile is always called outlook.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 12:46:28 am by dinger »