Author Topic: Set static IP's and routing static IP's through specific WAN's on multi-gateway  (Read 1275 times)

Namtrooper

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Good day.
Set static IP's and routing static IP's through specific WAN's on multi-gateway server

I am running Zentyal version 3.5, stand-alone gateway with 4 WAN ports.
Although only 2 WAN ports are active. I could enable the other two ports if necessary.
Wan fail-over is not active right now.
Traffic balance IS enabled.
Although I have the following request. I've made a DHCP range for everyone connected on the property, between 100 and 200.
However I'd like to set specific MAC adresses to Static IP's. and then set those "Objects" to run only on a predetermined WAN.
I'm not sure whether I've explained everything clearly enough. Please give advice on what else you would like to know and I will give as much detail as possible (Will re-edit this initial post)

What pitfalls are there to avoid? (for example I've read issues with Objects having certain characters or spaces making it unusable, but that was on version 2.2)
When I set the IP range under DHCP, must my Static IP's for my mac adress fall in that specific range?

P.s. I truly appreciate the help, and personally I find Zentyal useful, but I don't like the fact that bandwidth monitoring isn't available right now.
I apologize if this has already been answered in a different post.

Thank you.
Namtrooper
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 02:51:09 pm by Namtrooper »