Author Topic: Zentyal 4.0 installed from repository, deletes everything when renamed  (Read 1508 times)

bjornrobertsson

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hello,

I've just repeated two installs, on Ubuntu 14.04 (as VZ container). When I renamed the NetBIOS name of the domain, all the users were deleted (and computers and groups). I did a second install, and renamed the Domain name - and the same happened.

Packages come from: deb http://archive.zentyal.org/zentyal 4.0 main extra

Suggestions on how to retain user/password, in case you want to change these?

cyberfrk

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 4.0 installed from repository, deletes everything when renamed
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 09:01:13 am »
Hi all,

I've the same problem but my installation was done with the iso 4.0. A solution?

Thks a lot

jbahillo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 4.0 installed from repository, deletes everything when renamed
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 04:30:49 pm »
There is no solution, this is completely normal. Changing the hostname, domain, netbios,e tc, on the domain will involve reprovisioning and as such , losing curretnly added users

expertgeeks

• Forum Moderator
  • Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
I had the same problem and had to reinstall from scratch. When I changed the domain name after installation, I was told by Zentyal that I'd need to add back in the computers to the domain. Fine I thought, I've not added any computers yet. When I checked, there were now no users or groups. 'Oh dear, better restore from a backup' I thought. After restoring the backup, the users/groups were still blank. I tried adding back users that had existed before into the now blank users and groups, and got an error similar to 'user already exists on this system'.. So I couldn't add a user (that does not exist) because they already exist. That's a bit too existential for my liking ;)