Author Topic: Lost my windows inital domain server...  (Read 1562 times)

rsgooch

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Lost my windows inital domain server...
« on: December 01, 2014, 06:04:12 am »
I setup Zentyal to be an additional server to an existing Windows 2003 Domain controller.  I extended the schema on the 2K3 server prior to joining the Zentyla server.  Everything worked fine.  I transferred the FSMO, Schema roles to the Zentyal box to eventually remove the 2K3 box in the near future.  Well the 2K3 box has died and prior to removal from the domain.  I cannot modify the GP in Zentyal web interface because it tells me the changes have to be made on the Windows server. 

How can I get Zentyal to forget the other box and take over this role without being able to run dcpromo on the W2K3?

Thanks!

_b_

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Lost my windows inital domain server...
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 03:05:46 pm »
did you try to manage the fsmo roles from the usual mmc snapins from a windows workstation? i dont know where, but i think i saw documentation about managing dc stuff within mmc just as if it was a regular windows domain.

removing a dc from a domain manually is not a desired approach, but one can do it. there is a kb article explaining how to proceed. again: this is done from a windows desktop with the admin tools package.

maybe these give an idea...
https://www.google.de/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=removing%20a%20dc%20manually%20from%20ad
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 03:08:37 pm by _b_ »