Author Topic: Zentyal 4.0 installation on Kimsufi server  (Read 2366 times)

heachhog

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal 4.0 installation on Kimsufi server
« on: November 07, 2014, 10:20:29 pm »
Hi Guys,

I have been trying to install Zentyal 4.0 on a Kimsufi server (above required specs). While the installation is going fine, the problem occur when I start initial configuration of the server. The server has only one network interface (eth0).After configuring the module and saving the changes,  machine then starts applying the configuration and halts. It becomes not reachable web interface, SSH, etc. The only tuning what helps is network boot and OS reinstall.

Has anyone managed ton get it configured on a server with only one network interface? Or perhaps knows a workaround this issue?

Thanks in advance!

heachhog

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 4.0 installation on Kimsufi server
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 07:55:26 pm »
Hi Guys,

Is me being the only one, who is trying to configure Zentyal with one network interface? :)

mehargags

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 11:18:15 am »
Im too  ;D
mugging my heads up for the last 3 days! posted here https://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,23996.0.html, have got the response but its s pretty standardized reply, not something specific to VPS with public IP.

let me know if you come across a solution :}

robb

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 11:32:46 am »
can you still ssh into the server? then stop the firewall and you can access the webinterface again.
I suspect you set the interface as internal without allowing webadminisitration on the firewall.

After you have allowed webadministration, you can turn on the firwall again.

mehargags

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 12:09:05 pm »
No, I can't SSH in... that is the problem, I get locked out.
I have to wash the VPS, and install zentyal all over again, which eats up 10-15 mins everytime.

any remedies ?

robb

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 01:54:06 pm »
When you install Zentyal you can additionally install modules. After initial install, do not install any updates yet but first update the basic server with latest patches.
After that, you have to know what networking settings you need to configure. The server probably has a static IP address. This has to be put in Zentyal too. Also Gateway and subnetmask.
Also set domain name before you install Users and Domain module.

Install and activate the modules you need, but wait with marking the network adapter as external. First add rules in firewall that allow SSH and webmanagement. After those are added, you can mark the adapter as external.

also, I would suggest to first install and configure all networking and Domain settings before installing email/OpenChange modules.