Author Topic: Zentyal 3.5 - Users, Computers and File Sharing module stops when I reboot  (Read 4471 times)

mario.sergio.ti

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 3.5 - Users, Computers and File Sharing module stops when I reboot
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2014, 05:52:17 pm »
I am having the same problem following error:

"
The following modules failed while saving their changes, their state is unknown: samba The following modules failed while saving their changes, their state is unknown: samba at The following modules failed while saving their changes, their state is unknown: samba at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/GlobalImpl.pm line 742 EBox::GlobalImpl::saveAllModules('EBox::GlobalImpl=HASH(0x34547f8)', 'progress', 'EBox::ProgressIndicator=HASH(0xe73788)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Global.pm line 95 EBox::Global::AUTOLOAD('EBox::Global=HASH(0x347beb0)', 'progress', 'EBox::ProgressIndicator=HASH(0xe73788)') called at /usr/share/zentyal/global-action line 32 eval {...} at /usr/share/zentyal/global-action line 30
"

In my case, even with all the updates solved the problem.

marcus178

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2014, 08:47:02 pm »
I'm having the same issues. Just upgraded from 3.4 to 3.5 and now my Users, Computers and File Sharing won't start. 3.5 has been out for a while now so why has it still got bugs. Will upgrading to 4.0 solve this or will I just end up with even more issues.

wukitech

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 08:04:50 pm »
In my opinion don't update to 4.0 I did this the second time and every time it crashes and nothing is working. Really nothing, Zentyal got an error after upgrade and won't start anymore! Also did a clean setup with 3.5 and update afterwards to 4.0 and also crashes!

I really looking for an alternative to Zentyal, because it looks not really stable for me and the support here from the Zentyal team is also zero.

marcus178

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2014, 08:12:19 pm »
I did actually find a solution to my issue as posted here

https://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,23947.msg91921.html#msg91921

I have the same feelings about Zentyal too. Don't think I've every had an upgrade go smoothly and there is no support on this forum apart from other users who have found a solution.

Think I'll be jumping ship too as can't be doing with wasting my time any more.