Author Topic: [SOLVED] nsupdate => update failed: REFUSED  (Read 14395 times)

wolfsbane1066

  • Zen Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] nsupdate => update failed: REFUSED
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2016, 05:15:47 pm »
I think i managed to figure out what the issue is.

It is unable to update DNS if it is stored in AD. Once I unchecked the box "Store the zone in Active Directory" I was able to start samba and no longer had the DNS error showing while watching the zentyal.log.

This is a 2012 R2 DC running at 2008 R2 level with Zentyal 4.2

roman10

  • Zen Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] nsupdate => update failed: REFUSED
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2016, 06:13:11 pm »
Unfortunately that doesn't seem to solve the issue from my end.

Still seeing

Failed to save changes in module samba: root command nsupdate -l -t 10 /var/lib/zentyal/tmp/jm40C7FMqw failed.
Error output: update failed: REFUSED

does anyone out there have a solution for this? I've searched through the forums and don't seem to see any true resolutions.

I'm trying zentyal 4.2 connecting to a server 2003 ad domain...

We were hoping that this would be a suitable alternative to exchange - but failure to connect to the domain is definitely a show stopper...


roman10

  • Zen Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] nsupdate => update failed: REFUSED
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2016, 09:50:01 pm »
Further investigation seems to show it's something to do with the -l in the nslookup command (and I haven't been able to find any description for that parameter)

when I try the command that's failing and I remove the -l it works fine - as soon as the -l is placed back into the command it fails as REFUSED...

the full command is:

nsupdate -l -t 10 /var/lib/zentyal/tmp/xm3to8CVVF


roman10

  • Zen Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] nsupdate => update failed: REFUSED
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2016, 04:12:39 pm »
some digging shows that this error was reported over a year ago - issue 1984

the problem is in /usr/share/perl5/EBox/DNS.pm

look for NS_UPDATE_CMD and edit the code to remove the -l

it then finishes configuring  and will complete...

Unfortunately I now have an issue with dns that is failing - but at least this part is running properly...

It would be nice if this fix were included - as it was reported back in version 4.0